Given up

I'm just giving up on Don't Starve as a whole right now. I may like RoG, but I've long become overly accustomed to everything it has to offer. And Shipwrecked? Well...

For the fourth time in a row, my Shipwrecked save has corrupted somewhere past day 100 (this time, it was 137). This has NEVER happened in any of my old or current RoG saves, and yet it has in all of my Shipwrecked ones. At no point did I enable any new mods, and all of those already enabled were Shipwrecked compatible and wouldn't interfere with saving in any way.

This is insane. I have never used alt+f4 in this world and have always taken extra care (due to past experiences) to save and exit properly.

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

I'm just giving up on Don't Starve as a whole right now. I may like RoG, but I've long become overly accustomed to everything it has to offer. And Shipwrecked? Well...

For the fourth time in a row, my Shipwrecked save has corrupted somewhere past day 100 (this time, it was 137). This has NEVER happened in any of my old or current RoG saves, and yet it has in all of my Shipwrecked ones. At no point did I enable any new mods, and all of those already enabled were Shipwrecked compatible and wouldn't interfere with saving in any way.

This is insane. I have never used alt+f4 in this world and have always taken extra care (due to past experiences) to save and exit properly.

I know it kinda sucks, but I do keep some backups, I'm a youtuber and it would be catastrophic if my world goes puff some day. 

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I know it kinda sucks, but I do keep some backups, I'm a youtuber and it would be catastrophic if my world goes puff some day. 

I'll keep some backups in the future and see if that helps. Is world corruption common for you?

At one point, my worlds corrupted whenever I quit. That was frustrating, to say the least, but at least it didn't only corrupt worlds that I had put much effort into.

20 hours ago, CaptainFun said:

I like Shipwrecked a lot, but it does need more polish- especially for when it comes to consoles. There's still a lot of bugs, and missing strings. I haven't had any crashes or saves corrupted though.

They have included the missing strings in the last update, I reported this a way back and fortunately this one was included. :)

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

They have included the missing strings in the last update, I reported this a way back and fortunately this one was included. :)

I played after that update. I'm not sure if it applies to every character, but Wilson, for example has no examination lines for the Dead Dogfish or the Quacken. 

6 hours ago, CaptainFun said:

I played after that update. I'm not sure if it applies to every character, but Wilson, for example has no examination lines for the Dead Dogfish or the Quacken. 

Do you play the game in EN, cuz the translation might have not yet included the new lines :)

Archived