Help! Ancient+Magic tabs disappear on custom character with DST Caves enabled

Hey all, first post on here. I hope its in the right spot!

I have been working on a custom character for some time, and I have him set so he has access to low tier magic without a bench as well as everything from the ancient tab without standing near a A.P.S. However, he seems to lose these abilities (as in the ancient and magic tabs disappear) when in a world that has caves enabled in DST. I figure its a simple error with his unique components not being initialized in the caves side of the server.

The reason I believe that is because everything works like it should in worlds generated without caves, but as soon as I implement them I lose the tabs. Any help is really appreciated! :)

1 hour ago, BeansInMyLean said:

I have been working on a custom character for some time, and I have him set so he has access to low tier magic without a bench as well as everything from the ancient tab without standing near a A.P.S. However, he seems to lose these abilities (as in the ancient and magic tabs disappear) when in a world that has caves enabled in DST. I figure its a simple error with his unique components not being initialized in the caves side of the server.

The bonuses in player_classified are netcoded to go from 0 to 7 for clients.

What numbers did you use for your bonuses?

39 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

I have the same exact problem

Yours go from -666 to 666.

Something different has to be done to disable recipes.

Unless you both enjoy having a mod that only works for people who host and play the same server.

Hey that seemed to fix it! My ancient and shadow were set to 100 and my magic was set to 2. I had no idea it was a 0-7 scale. Putting them at 7 enabled them all. Thanks DarkXero!

2 hours ago, DarkXero said:

The bonuses in player_classified are netcoded to go from 0 to 7 for clients.

What numbers did you use for your bonuses?

Yours go from -666 to 666.

Something different has to be done to disable recipes.

Unless you both enjoy having a mod that only works for people who host and play the same server.

Hey that seemed to fix it! My ancient and shadow were set to 100 and my magic was set to 2. I had no idea it was a 0-7 scale. Putting them at 7 enabled them all. Thanks DarkXero!

The issue wasn't caves, the issue was that you never tested it in actual multiplayer(hosting alone doesnt count). Enabling caves I believe treats it as "actual multiplayer".

Normally you should test your mods with either a friend, or on a dedicated server, to make sure all features work for clients, not just the host.

12 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

The issue wasn't caves, the issue was that you never tested it in actual multiplayer(hosting alone doesnt count). Enabling caves I believe treats it as "actual multiplayer".

Normally you should test your mods with either a friend, or on a dedicated server, to make sure all features work for clients, not just the host.

Thanks for the info! It is true that I was hosting this alone in a server. I'll be sure to grab my brother to test any more added features :).