On 5/14/2016 at 8:22 PM, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

there is any other way? or that is the only one what if i attack them?

the fist attack is unavoidable... then you can connect 3-4 hits with a spear, then you have to tank the attack again, rinse and repeat.... There is no way to kite them properly.... you can of course use range weapons, but the dmg they do is insignificant and takes a lot of time. Water Beefalo are pack animals, if they aggro you at the same time, you're screwed. Same as in RoG.

Believe me, letting nature take care of it is way easier. Use seahounds on them.

11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

the fist attack is unavoidable... then you can connect 3-4 hits with a spear, then you have to tank the attack again, rinse and repeat.... There is no way to kite them properly.... you can of course use range weapons, but the dmg they do is insignificant and takes a lot of time. Water Beefalo are pack animals, if they aggro you at the same time, you're screwed. Same as in RoG.

Believe me, letting nature take care of it is way easier. Use seahounds on them.

oh i thought they are fake beefalo you know because they are water beefalo and normal beefalo and maybe they are different because you don't know when they are mating.

On 5/18/2016 at 11:43 PM, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

what are the chances for an water beefalo to drop 33%?,I have been using the boat cannon to kill the water beefalo killed 3 so far and no horn drop,yes i found out they don't attack you when you use the boat cannon on them.Or does the horn burn?, @FreyaMaluk

The 33% drop rate is correct.

I'm not sure if the horn gets destroyed by the boat cannon, but it seems possible. In a previous post, I advised against the boat cannon idea, but suit yourself. Mangroves are a great source of grass, twigs and logs in summer. It's kind of a waste.

44 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The 33% drop rate is correct.

I'm not sure if the horn gets destroyed by the boat cannon, but it seems possible. In a previous post, I advised against the boat cannon idea, but suit yourself. Mangroves are a great source of grass, twigs and logs in summer. It's kind of a waste.

so rather use the boat cannon on trees?

4 hours ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

so rather use the boat cannon on trees?

If you ask me, this is the best way to obtain logs if you extinguish the fire with an ice flingomatic.

The Boat Cannon is not the best weapon at see IMO. As I said before, if you want to get the horns, you should use your hound attacks for it. Just be at see and lure the sea sounds to the water beefalo. The fist time you won't get it, but you'll start to decimate the heard. Do this every time you have a hound attack and you'll eventually get the horns.

Archived