So I was thinking about ways to make the game harder and thought about seasons. Each one could have it's own difficulties and benefits, but first I need to talk about some other things that would go with the update.

Medicine.

Medicine can be made from flowers, plants, honey etc.

Sickness.

Obviously it causes impairments, what those are I don't know, can be cured by using medicine.

Water.

An extra bar (like food or health) The player needs to drink water to stay healthy.

Now for the seasons.

Spring!

Lots of flowers, plants and animals, normal days, ideal for making medicine and stockpiling food. Lasts 14 days.

Summer.

Normal amounts of animals and plants, the days last longer, nights are shorter. You need to drink water more often. Hounds come more often as well, perhaps 3 times in the 14 days summer lasts.

Winter.

In winter it is a completely new experience, there are very little amounts of plant/animals and food is scarce (especially with the spoilage planned in the update tomorrow) Water is iced over (You need a pick to break the ice) and days are short. However Hounds do not show up in the 14 days this lasts. You need to be near fires ever so often to stop yourself from freezing. You also have a high chance of catching an ailment. (This makes spring important)

Hope you like the idea, I am open to suggestions and above all......

Don't Starve!

Edited by Ozymanius
Font issues.