Yes, we have no Bananas?

(Bonus points to anyone who recognises the titular song. Bonus bonus points if you start singing it!)

Have they reduced the drop rate of bananas in the most recent update? Or made it so you get more bananas on islands with monkeys? I don't like to whine - this is a difficult game, and the challenge is at least half the fun - but I've just found Wilbur (soggy monkey) for the first time, so of course I need his crown. Previously I've managed to get plenty of bananas, and had the crown drop in most games, but this time I'm just having no luck at all! I've got half a chest full of log stacks from chopping trees at my base - and yes, I'm only cutting the biggest ones! - and at least half a stack of eggs (I've been eating some) - but only FOUR bananas. What is up with that?! 4 bananas is barely enough for a decent monkey war - 3 really, because I've used one to make a ball or I won't have a chance at getting any of the drops. Hopefully the ball is going to keep any non-combatants out of the way so I can pick up more bananas, or really, I'm stuck :/ If it wasn't for the crown, I'd just ignore the monkeys; they are so much hassle now and I can get morsels far more easily by trapping birds (I'm already farming spiders). And I'm just terribly conscious of time ticking by towards volcano season, which is not really the best time to be farming monkeys ;.;

ETA: I did it! I got the crown to Wilbur, although my sanity is at rock bottom and dry season has started so I don't give much for Wigfrid's chances from now on... Only problem is, I've been playing SW on my hubby's account (ran out of save slots) so I still haven't unlocked him on my own. Which means I'll have to do this ALL OVER AGAIN! The horror... XD

Use the monkey ball to gather up a bunch of monkeys. Blow them all up with gunpowder, coconades, obsidian grenades (forgot name) = profit. Starting and managing monkey wars takes far to much time and hassle :p 

With Woodlegs i just gather all the monkeys i can on the shore then hop on my boat and proceed to bombard them all into oblivian leaving behind such a state of destruction that would put the vulcano to shame.

PS: I lost all my sanity to thunderstorms and poison mosquitos. Now I just go around blowing everything up laughing maniacly while dressed in whale fat and wearing the skin of a Tigershark in my head :shock:

Bananas are usually a rarer drop from trees but, i have noticed that I've been getting more eggs and a lot less bananas. I placed some prime ape huts near water beefalos so when they are aggressive they'll kill the monkeys and leave the drops (though it's risky to try and grab the loot) and rarely one of the water beefalos will get killed leaving behind a ton of meat and sometimes a horn. This could help you get the crown (or some bananas) without needing to start a monkey war (or chop trees) but it could take a while.

Archived