--Moar Mod Help? Trouble Coding--

So i've still been tweaking my two characters (That alot of people and friends like) and have been wanting to ask. How do you code in like, special items they can have? Like i was going to make a hat that has certain effects when worn. Consumables and such.  Also is there a code that allows me to set what certain items can be eaten and given those effects? Like if the character ate them, say, inorganic type. These are like the major things I want to add. Help? XD

for allowing a character to eat certain things, currently there are specified groups which you can use:

inst.components.eater:SetDiet({ FOODTYPE.MEAT }, { FOODTYPE.MEAT }) --in ur character's file

if you wanna let your character eat normally, but react to certain foods you could do

--in ur character.lua
local function oneat(eater, food)
	local foodtype = food.components.edible.foodtype
	local fooditem = food.prefab
	local extrahunger = food.components.edible.hungervalue * 0.25 -- 25% of the hunger you are getting

-- these are just examples, if you wanna use both fooditem and foodtype, make sure u put an if for fooditems first, then foodtypes.
	if fooditem == "taffy" then -- if the fooditem is taffy, gain double the extra hunger
		eater.components.hunger:DoDelta(extrahunger * 2)
	elseif foodtype == FOODTYPE.MEAT then --if the food is in the "meat" group, gain the "extrahunger" value as hunger
		eater.components.hunger:DoDelta(extrahunger)-- "add" 25%
	elseif foodtype == FOODTYPE.VEGGIE then -- if the food is in the group "veggie", does it same, except it substracts
		eater.components.hunger:DoDelta(-extrahunger)-- "add" -25%
	end
	eat.componnets.hunger:DoDelta(0)
end

-- in ur character's master_postinit function
inst.components.eater:SetOnEatFn(oneat)

On 4/23/2016 at 1:20 AM, Aquaterion said:

for allowing a character to eat certain things, currently there are specified groups which you can use:

inst.components.eater:SetDiet({ FOODTYPE.MEAT }, { FOODTYPE.MEAT }) --in ur character's file

if you wanna let your character eat normally, but react to certain foods you could do

--in ur character.lua
local function oneat(eater, food)
	local foodtype = food.components.edible.foodtype
	local fooditem = food.prefab
	local extrahunger = food.components.edible.hungervalue * 0.25 -- 25% of the hunger you are getting

-- these are just examples, if you wanna use both fooditem and foodtype, make sure u put an if for fooditems first, then foodtypes.
	if fooditem == "taffy" then -- if the fooditem is taffy, gain double the extra hunger
		eater.components.hunger:DoDelta(extrahunger * 2)
	elseif foodtype == FOODTYPE.MEAT then --if the food is in the "meat" group, gain the "extrahunger" value as hunger
		eater.components.hunger:DoDelta(extrahunger)-- "add" 25%
	elseif foodtype == FOODTYPE.VEGGIE then -- if the food is in the group "veggie", does it same, except it substracts
		eater.components.hunger:DoDelta(-extrahunger)-- "add" -25%
	end
	eat.componnets.hunger:DoDelta(0)
end

-- in ur character's master_postinit function
inst.components.eater:SetOnEatFn(oneat)

Sorry for replying very late, But Im confused as to the first line which is the code below. What are the different food types? Or do i set them by adding items? And for the reaction to eating them, do I have to set custom ones as well?

inst.components.eater:SetDiet({ FOODTYPE.MEAT }, { FOODTYPE.MEAT })

4 hours ago, FoxxyTheOut said:

Sorry for replying very late, But Im confused as to the first line which is the code below. What are the different food types? Or do i set them by adding items? And for the reaction to eating them, do I have to set custom ones as well?

inst.components.eater:SetDiet({ FOODTYPE.MEAT }, { FOODTYPE.MEAT })

foodtypes are groups that are already made, if you want your character to be able to eat only a specific food that all you gotta do is add that line.

list of foodtypes:
            MEAT,WOOD,VEGGIE,ELEMENTAL,GEARS,HORRIBLE,INSECT,SEEDS,BERRY,RAW,BURNT,ROUGHAGE

to check what foodtype a certain food is, you can go in scripts/preparedfoods.lua (for crockpot foods), veggies and meats are obviously in their respective food group.