Don't Starve Together Mod Crash

I was trying to make a character mod but when I tried it on the game the server crashed and told me

The following mod(s) have caused a failure: Proffesor Doc 

[string "../mods/Proffesor Doc/modmain.lua"]:43: '=' expected near 'doc'

Does this just mean that on line 43 of the script in my modmain.lua file there is something wrong with the =. If so than can someone please tell me how to fix it 

9 minutes ago, BigCSniper said:

I was trying to make a character mod but when I tried it on the game the server crashed and told me

The following mod(s) have caused a failure: Proffesor Doc 

[string "../mods/Proffesor Doc/modmain.lua"]:43: '=' expected near 'doc'

Does this just mean that on line 43 of the script in my modmain.lua file there is something wrong with the =. If so than can someone please tell me how to fix it 

you're correct, its most likely a small issue, should probably post your modmain.lua

Edited by Aquaterion

hmm you seem to be using spaces in your names, which I believe is whats causing the issue, you should avoid using spaces in coding, only uses spaces for strings. remove or replace the spaces. (im not sure if you need to do it for the file names, but i'm pretty sure you have to do it for the prefab name)

Well now the world can load but then it exits out of the world creation and goes to a loading page. Once the loading page is done there is a ton more errors it is telling me about.

[string "scripts/mainfunctions.lua"]:92: Error loading file prefabs/professordoc

no file '../mods/ProfessorDoc/scripts/prefabs/professordoc.lua' (checked with custom loader)

no file 'scripts/prefabs/professordoc.lua' (checked with custom loader)

no file 'scriptlibs/prefabs/professordoc.lus (checked with custom loader)

no file 'scripts/prefabs/professordoc.lua' (checked with custom loader)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

=[C] in function 'assert'

scripts/mainfunctions.lua(92,1)

=(tail call) ?

My question is would it be easier trying to restart and download the example character again or should I keep trying to fix this file?

modmain.lua

yes I did in fact I renamed all files that was professor doc to professordoc. I did have one problem because when I went into my files it said professordoc file was missing but now I try to get that message but it has not popped up again.

YEY! I deleted my mod and restarted and this time found the problem (if you wanted to know it was the coding with the ghost). I thank you so much for being patient with me and trying to help. Hopefully I will not have these problems in the future when trying to further code my traits.