help file conversion

hello everyone, I have a problem I can not solve. I just started to create mods, I am limiting to make a set of changes to the existing ones for personal use and to learn. I find myself with the following problem, I understand the use of krane tool to convert files from anime / build in SCML, but do not understand how to do the opposite, that is, return the files SCML in anime format / build / atlas. Use Windows 10 system, someone can explain how to do? thanks

2 hours ago, ale2582 said:

hello everyone, I have a problem I can not solve. I just started to create mods, I am limiting to make a set of changes to the existing ones for personal use and to learn. I find myself with the following problem, I understand the use of krane tool to convert files from anime / build in SCML, but do not understand how to do the opposite, that is, return the files SCML in anime format / build / atlas. Use Windows 10 system, someone can explain how to do? thanks

to make the scml and folders into bins again, in your mods/yourmod folder make a folder called "exported" and put it in there, then when you start your game, a console window will show up and start compiling everything in it

9 minutes ago, ale2582 said:

no, there and nothing in the folder, only the original files

Your .scml might be invalid, and did you add the folders with the images used in the scml as well?

mods/yourmod/exported/folderFORobject/folderFORimages/objectimage.png

mods/yourmod/exported/folderFORobject/object.scml

Edited by Aquaterion

isnt it right there...? revok_bus ..?

Anyways, you should probably create a folder called revus_bus in the exported folder to make sure.

If revok_bus didnt update, then ur new update for it might be corrupted

Edited by Aquaterion

no the revok_bus you see into the souls folder is the original one, it is an amendment to an existing mod, I'm learning to create mods. I'll explain, I created a texture modification to an existing character, and added some things like night vision. but as the prefab name coincides with the original mod, I have to change the name of everything to make my independent editing. including the name of the animations, but to do so I'm forced to rebuild everything

18 minutes ago, ale2582 said:

no the revok_bus you see into the souls folder is the original one, it is an amendment to an existing mod, I'm learning to create mods. I'll explain, I created a texture modification to an existing character, and added some things like night vision. but as the prefab name coincides with the original mod, I have to change the name of everything to make my independent editing. including the name of the animations, but to do so I'm forced to rebuild everything

if its a character, there are no animations involved, as all animations are shared with all characters via bank "wilson", what you could have done is:

1. Get an atlas-0.tex from a template character

2. Convert it to atlas-0.png.

3. Put your art on this atlas-0.png.

4. Convert it back to atlas-0.tex.

5. Put the atlas-0.tex into a new revok.rar with a template build.bin

6. Use a build renamer to rename the build in build.bin to your character's name

ok, to build rename was exactly what I had done to change the texture, but do not know there was a tool to rename the build, now I try. But I still remains the doubt now about why I did not create the file souls, and the build does not create it in .bin but in xml

ok perfect, the system with the build rename it worked, thank you very much, but I want to understand why it was not working with the other method, because if I had started the mod from scratch, I would be still standing because it is not generated files and anime.bin build.bin

1 hour ago, ale2582 said:

ok perfect, the system with the build rename it worked, thank you very much, but I want to understand why it was not working with the other method, because if I had started the mod from scratch, I would be still standing because it is not generated files and anime.bin build.bin

I think the issue was more related to the decompiling(Krane) rather than compiling.