Generating worlds

If you die, you pretty much start over all day long in the same generated world unless you generate a new one?

If you die and have no means of continuing, then you can start over on the same map, unless you generate a new map.

But is it really generating?

What?

And do you have a limit?

A limit to what?

I guess the world isn't generated "on-the-go", as in as you explore it. When you create a new world, it gets completely generated (and most likely a copy gets stored for (possible) future "New Game"s). So the world actually has a size limit (if that's what you were referring to). I may be wrong, though, but it seems to me that this is how it works :p.

EDIT: Just after posting I read the comment above: so much for the idea of the stored copy for the "New Game" xD.

No, I mean "generating" as in like minecraft, no standard templates but EVERYTHING is generated, not even 1 world is the same as someone else's other. And I mean a limit to how much you can generate worlds without getting the same world you had at first. And every new game does generate a world for you? Or do you have to generate a new world manually.

The game is supposed to generate "completely" random worlds each time you create one, so you'll have a different world per generation. Once you have created a world, if you die without resurrection aids, you get the option to play a "New Game" in the current world, as it was first generated, or generate a new one.

I imagine World Generation will receive some more attention later on, allowing more variety and other generation options. I, personally, would like an option to choose if my world is comprised entirely of small islands linked only by long, thin path dridges or just one huge continent.

I imagine World Generation will receive some more attention later on, allowing more variety and other generation options. I, personally, would like an option to choose if my world is comprised entirely of small islands linked only by long, thin path dridges or just one huge continent.

I don't think you will ever choose your type of land. That doesn't mean you can't hope for it though ;D

I don't think you will ever choose your type of land. That doesn't mean you can't hope for it though ;D

But i think they maby put the seeds sistem like minecraft.

This allows you to share your world with others and to keep older worlds seeds that u liked.

=)

But i think they maby put the seeds sistem like minecraft.

This allows you to share your world with others and to keep older worlds seeds that u liked.

=)

That would be nice. I'd like that.

There is a post about it here.

Too much stuffing around to be practical.