Bunny Night Lights

Moon64

Hey all,

Here's an alternative source of lighting for night:

I previously attempted to use slurpers by themselves as a supplemental light source. Unfortunately, without being attached to you, a pig, or a bunny they provide inadequate light comparable to fireflies.

When Slurpers are penned up with a bunny hutch, the bunnies leave their houses at dusk, slurpers attach to their head and will illuminate an area until morning when the bunnies return to their hutch. The bunnies return next dusk with the slurpers still attached to their heads and illuminate the area ad infinitum.

There are some oddities with this design though. If a bunny dies with a slurper attached to their head, they will NOT respawn until their hutch even after several days. To respawn the bunnies, their hutch needs to be light on fire forcing them to flee from their house. Hence the fire staff in my inventory and ice flingomatic in the middle of the area. Not too sure why this is though as bunnies should spawn every night. Sometimes the bunnies can go days without dying either, sometimes not, which is something I'm also still trying to decipher (maybe the length of day vs dusk/night? do they heal while in the hutches? etc iunno).

Just wanted to share an alternative slight source. I'm a fan of the bunnies coming out at dusk/night then returning when morning arrives; it's a pretty neat mechanic to have them deliver light when they spawn from their hutch. This could easily be slimmed down to two hutches with an area in between. Feel free to experiment! I'm not yet confident enough in this design to build something similar my main save/base, but probably will eventually.

As a side note, it'd be pretty cool to line a path with a couple of these and walk through it with meat whenever. All the bunnies will flock towards the wall at you.

Cheers,

Edited by Moon64
  • Like 5