Beta Testing Past and Future

15 hours ago, Moon64 said:

Pan Flute and STS are okay

You're half right. I believe STS is balanced because of the time it takes to make it, and cast time. Although the AOE and drowsy stacking should be taken into consideration and nerfed to where its actually possible to combat a Wickerbottom. The Panflute on the other hand shouldn't exist on PVP enabled servers, or have it changed to where the sleep effect would not work until the end of the song.

7 hours ago, werlpolf said:

If PvP will be balanced more, do you think more players will play also PvP?

The amount of people who will diverge their attention to PVP would be astounding. The major downfall of PVP now is just the whole drowsy effect and people able to run away and combat log without any way to stop them

16 hours ago, Gingerbread said:

So when pvp mode is on, Wolfgang speed boost should be taken.

16 hours ago, Gingerbread said:

Best thing is remove STS, maybe nerf it and her end is nigh book

I don't approve of these ideas at all. Wolfgang's speed boost is not only due to his increase of size, if you remove his speed, you're literally destroying a major contender in PVP. All the other players will be able to just run indefinitely without any consequences. Wickerbottom is only where she is now because of Sleepytime stories, remove that and you'll have a bunch of Wolfgangs and Wigfrids running around holding down CTFL F to win.

On 3/22/2016 at 1:51 AM, RickyakaBlitz said:

PVP adjustments/balancing is something wanted from the avid Don’t Starve Together PVP players

Its actually not only wanted by PvP players. Everyone is interested in it. Who just like to play non-PvP?? They are forced to play non-PvP because PvP is not balanced. PvP does not mean raiding the world and destroying all pig houses. This is just a part of it, because most people actually don't do it. They quite play as same as in non-PvP just more aggressively like being in a contest. This is a big fun factor, since non-PvP can be boring sometimes and playing against others is more exciting. Also you can't attack griefers in non-PvP worlds! This is strange as like the not passable sea. And Klei changed it in SW!

On 3/22/2016 at 1:51 AM, RickyakaBlitz said:

You haven’t released anything other than this, and honestly it’s diminishing the hype for it

This game has so much potential. You see it on shipwhrecked. I actually disagree with Klei in developing something new in DST instead of porting SW to multiplayer. Every new content can be published on single- and multiplayer. There can be some method developed for reducing the 2nd coding for the same content on different games. Aren't DS and DST quite equal?

On 21.3.2016 at 0:15 PM, HeilerderWelten said:

That would solve atleast 30-50% of all PVP problems:

With the Mandrakes we have now the option to craft Panflutes, the first person that gets to the Mandrake biom will pretty much destroy all other players on a PVP server now. (I don't play on PVP servers, but many people do as it seems)

Wearing Rabbit Earmuffs should make you immune to the Panflute and Sleepytime Storys in my opinion. (but not to sleep darts)

That would buff the Earmuffs (and sleep darts) in a natural way

and would make PVP a considerable amount more enjoyable for every character...except Wickerbottom I guess.

What? A reason to use Rabbit Earmuffs? How could it be?

Archived