Idea: Abandoned Structures/Ruins

I really like the sense of isolation in Don't Starve's atmosphere.

Why not add an extra layer by adding abandoned structures such as run-down forts, chared campsites, some kind of statues, and others on the map to give the impression just how long ago the last person may have been on this island?

I really like the sense of isolation in Don't Starve's atmosphere.

Why not add an extra layer by adding abandoned structures such as run-down forts, chared campsites, some kind of statues, and others on the map to give the impression just how long ago the last person may have been on this island?

Well is it just decoration or you could retrieve something from them?

If you could retrieve something from them then it should be somewhere hard to get to.

It would be neat if we got the ability to make some kind of wall so we could take over abandoned forts or something and fix them up. As for ruins, I was thinking if you die and respawn on the same map, that it would be neat to see the ruins of your last character and maybe salvage some items from their camp. all farming stuff would be gone but the items you built previously would be there somewhat. Chests and fire pits could be smashed and broken so all you can do is salvage their material, but maybe a back pack or chest has a chance of surviving and any non-food items in them could possibly survive. All slots containing food items would have 'Moldy Mush'