Shoes. Let's get some shoes.

Long have we struggled with crossing long distances for unfathomable loot. Forever it's been, that we've tried to outrun giants whose stride is unmatched. Our only relief has come from items that present a challenge to craft, such as the walking cane with the tusk of a mighty walrus, and a sleek hat with the fin of a shark most fierce.
Many a day on monsoon season I have fallen to my foes, crying, wet in the mud, unable to escape my fate. Slow, wet, and insanity inbound, the same desperate wish crawls into my mind before the end each time: GOOD LORD I NEED SOME GALOSHES.

But really, it's driving me mad how much wetness increases when I stand in puddles. It's not enough that it will eventually drop my weapons and make me go crazy, but it also impedes my movement speed. While yes, you can have a snakeskin hat and jacket and an umbrella of some variety, I find it very difficult to have enough equipped to counter the rain. Especially due to the fact the I feel I must always be wearing Seashell armor to protect from poison mosquitoes in monsoon season. It seems to be a problem for me if I'm doing anything other than crafting, because the hat just isn't enough, and I get damp if I need any other tool or weapon. YES, there is the Dumbrella, but it requires a boss item.

Perhaps this is just my personal frustration with monsoon season and my incompetence with the new SW bosses, but hear me out okay: Snakeskin boots.

A footwear slot could allow players not only to cross terrain faster, but it could give various buffs like sanity boosts for fancy footwear, they could have hiking boots that provide better grip in strong winds, and, my personal favorite, they could have rain boots that prevent wetness from puddles (but not rain). 

And perhaps creating an item to counter everything would take the fun out of the game, but you know what? Wilson in some rubber duck yellow wellies? I want it.

And on another note... snakeskin purse?

30 minutes ago, ruthlace said:

Long have we struggled with crossing long distances for unfathomable loot. Forever it's been, that we've tried to outrun giants whose stride is unmatched. Our only relief has come from items that present a challenge to craft, such as the walking cane with the tusk of a mighty walrus, and a sleek hat with the fin of a shark most fierce.
Many a day on monsoon season I have fallen to my foes, crying, wet in the mud, unable to escape my fate. Slow, wet, and insanity inbound, the same desperate wish crawls into my mind before the end each time: GOOD LORD I NEED SOME GALOSHES.

But really, it's driving me mad how much wetness increases when I stand in puddles. It's not enough that it will eventually drop my weapons and make me go crazy, but it also impedes my movement speed. While yes, you can have a snakeskin hat and jacket and an umbrella of some variety, I find it very difficult to have enough equipped to counter the rain. Especially due to the fact the I feel I must always be wearing Seashell armor to protect from poison mosquitoes in monsoon season. It seems to be a problem for me if I'm doing anything other than crafting, because the hat just isn't enough, and I get damp if I need any other tool or weapon. YES, there is the Dumbrella, but it requires a boss item.

Perhaps this is just my personal frustration with monsoon season and my incompetence with the new SW bosses, but hear me out okay: Snakeskin boots.

A footwear slot could allow players not only to cross terrain faster, but it could give various buffs like sanity boosts for fancy footwear, they could have hiking boots that provide better grip in strong winds, and, my personal favorite, they could have rain boots that prevent wetness from puddles (but not rain). 

And perhaps creating an item to counter everything would take the fun out of the game, but you know what? Wilson in some rubber duck yellow wellies? I want it.

And on another note... snakeskin purse?

This would be awesome if they add it but I don't think they will unless Capy sees this and begs to Klei to add some, or if we're lucky we'll get some of these shoes wil be added into Don't starve together?

sulfuric Yellow Rubber boots (These cute rubber ducky boots will make everyone envious of your cuteness WARNING does not provide lightning protection),

deliciously Red Snakeskin boots (flamboyant but yet does not provide water protection), and 

Catcoon blue Galoshes(No Catcoons were harmed in the making of these boots)

I just wear a hat (top or football) depending on needs and keep a simple umbrella equipped. 100% resist against all water. Swap to a weapon / tool and swap back when done.

I don't hate the idea completely, but it sounds like a total counter to several situations present in game, otherwise it would be thus extra recipe & slot for just one simple puddle issue.

Archived