Dry season: Withering happeneing too quickly

The withering mechanic seems to work too fast now in SW, when Dry season starts and during the first day everything (Grass,twigs etc) withered in a matter of micro seconds even before a single segment of day was spent.

and unlike before withering seems to take place beyond the vision of the player now.

I hope this is not an Update or something cause if you have an unpicked ripe farm of corps (saplings in my case) and dry season starts you won't be able to save them even with an ice flingomatic turned On before...

1 minute ago, JimmyJam said:

Yea i pretty bad, I think its a bug becasue now its 100% of the plants but before its was about 90%. If you don't have stacks of grass and sticks the dry season is going to be so much harder until they fix it!

indeed, I didn't prepare them before cause I had them planted near a Snoball sprinkler but meh...

Are you sure the ice fling-o-matic can't save your crops? I've had my ice fling-o-matic flooded for 5 days into dry season and yet it still saved 80% of my grass tufts, saplings and berry bushes from being withered when it finally started working again.

It's annoying how farm plots seem to wither instantly though, and there doesn't seem to be a way of stopping it from happening. I lost all 8 of my dragon fruit in the last dry season, and I'm still trying to recover. Luckily, my first harvest in calm season gave me a dragon fruit again, but that's just luck.

Dry season ain't too bad I guess. Just surround your ice fling-o-matic with 4 sandbags and put it on crafted turf to stop it from flooding and keep it turned on during the last days of Monsoon Season just to be sure.

21 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Are you sure the ice fling-o-matic can't save your crops? I've had my ice fling-o-matic flooded for 5 days into dry season and yet it still saved 80% of my grass tufts, saplings and berry bushes from being withered when it finally started working again.

It's annoying how farm plots seem to wither instantly though, and there doesn't seem to be a way of stopping it from happening. I lost all 8 of my dragon fruit in the last dry season, and I'm still trying to recover. Luckily, my first harvest in calm season gave me a dragon fruit again, but that's just luck.

Dry season ain't too bad I guess. Just surround your ice fling-o-matic with 4 sandbags and put it on crafted turf to stop it from flooding and keep it turned on during the last days of Monsoon Season just to be sure.

You have to keep the fling-o-matic ON before dry season starts and that is not my cup of tea...the insta-withear thing is really awful if you ask me, at first nothing grows and now the sky rains dragon eggs, well we are only missing the Giant how about we throw in that as well and call it a Vacation! 

1 hour ago, SepiaPaper said:

You have to keep the fling-o-matic ON before dry season starts and that is not my cup of tea...the insta-withear thing is really awful if you ask me, at first nothing grows and now the sky rains dragon eggs, well we are only missing the Giant how about we throw in that as well and call it a Vacation! 

I actually love having the eggs drop down.

I've reserved a part of my base island, which is pretty big, to be battered with volcano bombs during dry season. Therefore, I can easily gather all of the resources dropped by the eruptions, such as rocks, flint + charcoal from the lava pools (or obsidian if you extinguish them with ice) and obsidian, monster meat + hearts from the dragoons. So, all in all, I quite enjoy having the dragon eggs during eruptions because I collected over 15 obsidian last dry season, and that's without extinguishing lava pools.

Dry season is a blessing for me now. I get a ton of obsidian, flint and rocks (I have 2 chests full of them right now), with overheating being the only real concern.

As for withering...

Maybe they should give us 1/4 of a day to turn our ice fling-o-matics on before withering all the plants? It would still be damaging for those who failed to prepare, but wouldn't be as ridiculous as it is now.

4 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

I actually love having the eggs drop down.

I've reserved a part of my base island, which is pretty big, to be battered with volcano bombs during dry season. Therefore, I can easily gather all of the resources dropped by the eruptions, such as rocks, flint + charcoal from the lava pools (or obsidian if you extinguish them with ice) and obsidian, monster meat + hearts from the dragoons. So, all in all, I quite enjoy having the dragon eggs during eruptions because I collected over 15 obsidian last dry season, and that's without extinguishing lava pools.

Dry season is a blessing for me now. I get a ton of obsidian, flint and rocks (I have 2 chests full of them right now), with overheating being the only real concern.

As for withering...

Maybe they should give us 1/4 of a day to turn our ice fling-o-matics on before withering all the plants? It would still be damaging for those who failed to prepare, but wouldn't be as ridiculous as it is now.

that's what I said in the first place, The whole rain for fire thing can easily be avoided by performing "Snackrifice" at the Alter inside the volcano and you shall be spared from the wrath of the Volcano god!...Don't know why I keep loving saying that...

the super quick withering is a bug and needs to be fixed.

Archived