Is this a glitch/bug or am I an idiot?

This may be a stupid question, but...

In theory, replacing every turf on an island with wooden flooring would prevent puddles from spawning, yet they still spawn from the ocean.

I'm not talking about "tides" though, the biome which was previously here was a "magma" biome, not a "beach".

Are puddles supposed to spawn on top of the ocean tiles? Something about this feels broken.

A2696E193172B9E9831FC2C8562C87AC75CBBCFC

36 minutes ago, FooBargle said:

This isn't a bug per se, by that I mean it's on purpose that there's a chance that floods can come onto land from the water, it seemed to make sense. However if it 'feels' like a bug then it's something we might reconsider. 

First puddles form On lands, and now come from the ocean..make up your mind please and NO, we don't want puddles coming from the ocean unless sandbags can block puddles from advancing...

50 minutes ago, FooBargle said:

This isn't a bug per se, by that I mean it's on purpose that there's a chance that floods can come onto land from the water, it seemed to make sense. However if it 'feels' like a bug then it's something we might reconsider. 

Puddles next to the ocean shore don't seem unfair or buggy, it's a gigantic mass of water after all, why wouldn't puddles come from there.

However, puddles and mosquitoes spawning in the ocean don't seem right. How can there be water on water?

3 minutes ago, Miss said:

Puddles next to the ocean shore don't seem unfair or buggy, it's a gigantic mass of water after all, why wouldn't puddles come from there.

However, puddles and mosquitoes spawning in the ocean don't seem right. How can there be water on water?

oh don't worry, now we will get floating sandbags...

Archived