(Suggestion) Hardcore Character Concept

I meant to post this weeks ago, but unfortunate circumstances erased it and I couldn't quite recapture the way I had written it the first time. Hopefully it's not too late for the final planned character (assuming another hardcore character was in the works which I believe there was said to be).

The Level 5 Vegan (Never heard the joke? Google it)

So essentially this character is your polar opposite of Wigfrid with a few caveats. But let's start with the basics:

Drawbacks

- Only eats items that are not meat. 

This one is pretty straightforward, if Wigfrid would eat it, he/she won't. Raises the question about whether butterfly wings should be allowed or not, as well as a couple other food items depending on how far you want to go with the whole "level 5 vegan" joke... discuss?

- Loses sanity when fighting directly

Using indirect means such as traps and such is fine and won't damage sanity. Encourages a more pacifist playstyle (as well as one that has others doing the dirty work for you)

- Is a weak hitter

I was on the fence about putting this one here, but again the intention is less aggressive behavior around creatures so the weak hitter mechanic that Wes and Wendy have would make sense here since the concept of the joke is that they wouldn't hurt anything physically anyway.

That was the idea for the drawbacks, but now for the boon

Boon

- Does not need any type of fertilizer ever. Can pick up and replant anything and it will be unwithered, this applies to withered plants that can safely be dug up without ruining the plant as well (grass, bamboo, etc). 

And what a boon that is right? Any manure and fertilizer can still be used as usual if you want, but gives more priority to fast-tracking crops in farms due to the decreased need for its other uses and increased need to stockpile fruits and veggies.

A quick aside: An alternative idea for this was the character using their "magical vegan powers" to restore withered plants without the digging up part, but I figured that might be too silly for some, maybe you feel differently?

(OPTIONAL)

- Starts with a special unlimited use shovel.

I have this listed as optional for what I hope are obvious reasons. It makes the machete almost entirely pointless to craft, and with the free harvesting you'll be able to do, might unintentionally remove some of the intended challenge.

Stats

I had no specific plans on what this type of character would have statswise, but to just lay out some numbers I was thinking

Hunger: 150 (Regular hunger drain)

Health: 150

Sanity: 113

Thoughts?

Archived