Lag after the Caves Implementation :o

Basically what the title says.

Since I usually play DST by myself, there is usually no lag whatsoever, as I am the host  of my own servers. But once the Caves update was added, I       noticed that I was slightly lagging, because a Merm punched me in the face when he was about 2 berry bushes away. I also noticed that my character was taking a bit longer to harvest resources than normal. I haven't tried turning off caves yet, but I think the lag might be because of the forced dedicated system thing.

Please tell me if there's a solution to this, as I cannot kite enemies with this lag. :(

It's because after this update you're basically setting up a dedicated server. You're not directly the host, your server is set up separately, and then you join it. You don't have 0 ping on your own server, basically. 

I recommend disabling movement prediction. Without it disabled, the game is almost unplayable on dedicated servers, because you'll get killed by the very first thing you have to kite to kill.

Archived