Character Idea-Waltz [The Violinist]

[The Violinist]

Health:145

Hunger:150

Sanity:155

Damage:0.85

Starting item: -Violin

Make a special radius that recovers 4 sanity per second and 4 health per second when play

(only other players and non-aggresive mobs can be healed)

Can't craft

Need Violin fixing kit to fix the Violin

The player can't do anything when plays the violin

-Violin fixing kit

Fix the violin for 50%

Craft

12×wood + 1×feather + 3×stone + 1×rope + 1×Gold nugget

-When there is no violin or the violin is broken, he decrease 15 sanity per minute

-Gets 15% more damage

(That means he gets more heavier damage even he wears good armor. ex) 'Damage -75% armor set'-> 'Damage -60% armor set'      It's a quite heavy penalty :> but, he has 'Violin'!)

He is a wide area healer that can be very useful to Don't Starve Together when raiding bosses and etc

How do you think of my idea?

Let's share opinions! ;D

20160204_231803.thumb.jpg.a6bb57edb3bba8

• Developer

Huh, I had a similar-though-not-quite-so-similar idea before xP

i like the idea of having a group healer! Though maybe decrease the items needed to craft the violin? To fit in with the "3 items max." From DS?

Maybe... 3 silk, 1 feather and 12 wood. Depending of the feather type, the violin could have a different effect.

Also, the 15 sanity loss per minute is a bit too much, don't you think?

I'm not sure about the overall mechanics, but maybe he could be able to attract pigs/bunnymen to crowd around him, bringing in a big leap of sanity from their company.

Also there's a "Music soothes the Savage Beast" concept but I'm not sure how to work it in without just making an always-available pan flute.

14 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Though maybe decrease the items needed to craft the violin?

Maybe... 3 silk, 1 feather and 12 wood. 

I have thought about crafting violins, but if we craft the violin, it could be kinda over balance

Because the violin is silghtly over balance already. So, we have to limit the overuse of the violin by durability limiting. 

Durability of violin is 100% but, violin fixing kit is 50%.

That means player's useable inventory is limited, but the full durability of violin is less when we carry violin fixing kit.  The purpose was  'Balacing' :>        

And also, 

15 hours ago, Meiblue2 said:

-When there is no violin or the violin is broken, he decrease 15 sanity per minute

This will be useless :>

15 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Also, the 15 sanity loss per minute is a bit too much, don't you think?

I think so too :> loss  6.7 per minute will be better.     Actrually, the purpose of it was 'Never break the violin and carry it anytime' :D

15 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Maybe... 3 silk, 1 feather and 12 wood. Depending of the feather type, the violin could have a different effect.

That's a great idea!

How about crafting string bow with different feathers? 

And the different effect like,

'Sanity and Health' and

13 hours ago, SapphireBullets said:

I'm not sure about the overall mechanics, but maybe he could be able to attract pigs/bunnymen to crowd around him, bringing in a big leap of sanity from their company.

I have got the idea of this......!

'Friend making'!

When pig or bunnymen hear the music more than 4 second, they become our friend.

It should cost more durability.

And how about making violin case?

To carry violin and the string bows  at once?

And,

Thank you for opinions ! ;D

Archived