Israfil's gift bird killing without a trap!

I was sure that this must have been posted already but I wasn't prepared to take that risk. This is a useful discovery I made while looking for alternative ways to catch birds.

So basically all you need is:

- Shovel, Axe or Pickaxe

- Seed

What your going to do is place a seed directly infront of you, step back within reaching distance of the seed and place the mouse cursor between you and the seed. Now all you have to do is zoom out and wait for the birds to come, timing is key but it gets easy quickly.

post-7662-13764590238543_thumb.png

Birds also drop seeds so thats a nice little bonus, just throw three of those in to a crock pot with one morsel and you got yourself 48 research points.

Seems too fast-paced for me to be more effective than the trap.

It isn't really. The bird usually lands for about half a second. If you keep your cursor in position that is plenty of reaction time (well for me it is) and there is about 5-15 seconds before the next bird comes.

I Actually came to the forum because of this. don't really know if is a bug '-'

But well, if u wanna make this better Try to place the seeds near a Farmin splot or a Scienc machine. if u do the right way it will block your character of walking. so u bascly needs to Click the left button without stop and u will kill most of the Birds. Bascly free food and u can wach some TV =P

About being more efective than the trap.. in the begining not really, because to make the bird trap u need to kill spiders that is easy in the begining. but now (at least for me) is actually better because one hit in the spiders house comes out like 6 spiders. Hard to kill even equiped[Day 110].

but you have to consider the seeds bonus. in the trap, you lose a seed. in this, if u do for like 3 days, you may take like 20 to 40 meats and 20 to 50 seeds. =P

About being more efective than the trap.. in the begining not really, because to make the bird trap u need to kill spiders that is easy in the begining. but now (at least for me) is actually better because one hit in the spiders house comes out like 6 spiders. Hard to kill even equiped[Day 110].

but you have to consider the seeds bonus. in the trap, you lose a seed. in this, if u do for like 3 days, you may take like 20 to 40 meats and 20 to 50 seeds. =P

Don't bait your traps, unless you're in a hurry. It doesn't take that much longer for unbaited traps to catch birds than baited ones.

They could implement a timing system where it only works for lets say the first 5 days, then the birds learn to not eat the seed when your within reaching distance from them. I dont see how this could possibly be a bug that requires deletion... perhaps a bit of tweaking would suffice.