Sound Issues

I was playing DST dedicated server and I can't hear animal sounds, for example, when I'm close to hounds I can't hear their barks and when I'm close to a clockwork knight I can't hear his sound and the same with tallbirds.Anyone know why happens this?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @ImDaMisterL , 

Yes they are at 10. I set up my own dedicated server so I think its problem from DST dedicated server folder so should I delete and reinstall dedicated server? Its just sounds from beefalos,tallbirds,hounds,clockworks and I dunno what else (I can hear bees,pigs,birds,spiders...).I can save "save" folder from DST dedicated server and reinstall it. 

Wait for your answer! :)

Hey @MFCrew, I saw your thread earlier and noticed L already has replied. Anyway, I think you should try to verify the integrity of the game cache first, then check whether the issue still persists. I too have experienced this a few times here and there but could never figure it out on my own, then after a while things got better again. 

One thing I do think is the cause is that the game-client isn't getting the correct information from the server in time that a certain sound should be played at a certain point but at the same time still gets the animations played. That is my best guess on the issue you mentioned. Adding the following line of code for your server's settings.ini under the network tag could possibly fix the client to server misinformation:

tick_rate = 30

You could raise the tick_rate to 60 and maybe that could work, haven't tried it yet. (source)

If you do want to reinstall your Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server, the server folders are located in your Documents\Klei folder and shouldn't be affected. Just to be safe, feel free to back up your server folders before doing a reinstall. To reinstall, just simply right click the Tool (Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server) and select Delete Local Files. Restarting your PC before reinstalling the Tool.  

To test whether it's fixed you can use the following console command code to spawn those creatures in:

c_spawn'prefabname'

where prefabname would be 'knight' for the clockwork knight and 'tallbird' for tallbirds. I'll go and test my dedicated server right now if whether or not the issue is also present in my set up. I haven't been around tall birds on my server in a long while and all clockworks are dead. Feel free to report back on your results.

Cheers.

On 2.02.2016 г. at 7:53 PM, MFCrew said:

Finally I figure out the problem. It was a mod which gave me sound issues xD

Hey @MFCrew,

I have the same problem with my server mind telling me which mode gave you the problem and did you just disable the mode after that or fix it someway. Thank you in advance :)

On 7/2/2016 at 5:49 PM, Val1225 said:

Hey @MFCrew,

I have the same problem with my server mind telling me which mode gave you the problem and did you just disable the mode after that or fix it someway. Thank you in advance :)

Sorry @Val1225 I was busy these days and I couldn't answer before.

I had problems with "complete your map" mod but you just need to disable mods one by one and you'll find it. Try it and tell us :D

Archived