DLC Contingency - Has This Happened To You?

As this contains spoilers for Contingency, rather than post the whole thing here I'm going to give you a link to my blog post, where I discuss the mission in detail. The actual spoilers are also hidden behind dark wash, to protect the eyes of the innocent.

Now, I'd rather not discuss the particulars of that mission here for reasons which ought to be obvious, so all I want from you is an answer to this simple question: has this happened to you?

You're asking me to jump through a lot of hoops just to read what your problem is, considering anyone that can help you has nothing left to be "spoiled" and anyone else can simply not click the thread.

And no, I think you've been downloading dodgy stuff. Or you're crazy and imagining the music. I'd do a full scan if I were you. Of your computer, not your brain but if you think that would help, go for it.

This has never happened to me, but just FYI: Authority doesn't spawn an additional guard. It merely puts alarms on safes, so that when you open a safe, it increases the alarm and summons a nearby guard to investigate. So you probably could have hacked that akuma drone with no consequences. If you meant to say "Validate", it still might have been a good idea to trade a clear and present akuma drone for a possibly far-away enforcer, especially if you're just in a mad dash for the exit.

@MenacingBanjo You're quite right; it was Validate. I agree with your strategy, but the map wasn't in its favor. The new guard would have turned up either on top of me or between me and the exit. Neither option appealed.

I figure this isn't a bug, but a feature, which is why I've been so paranoid about revealing its details. I'd hate to ruin someone else's fun. At the same time, I'm madly curious. Was I just lucky? Did it reveal because of my achievements, or one particular achievement? I had wondered if someone from Klei would kick in, but I don't see how they could; and even if Klei denied it, I'm not sure I'd believe 'em at this point.

30 minutes ago, Karloff said:

@MenacingBanjo You're quite right; it was Validate. I agree with your strategy, but the map wasn't in its favor. The new guard would have turned up either on top of me or between me and the exit. Neither option appealed.

I figure this isn't a bug, but a feature, which is why I've been so paranoid about revealing its details. I'd hate to ruin someone else's fun. At the same time, I'm madly curious. Was I just lucky? Did it reveal because of my achievements, or one particular achievement? I had wondered if someone from Klei would kick in, but I don't see how they could; and even if Klei denied it, I'm not sure I'd believe 'em at this point.

Im 99% sure that this is not any kind of "feature" of the game. In the source code  is nowhere even the hint of executing code which would create something like this. Also, the expansion is now over 2 or 3 months old if Im correct and there wasnt a single report about something like this, so I guess its a compination of coinsidense and a misclick/virus/halloucination/{insert something here}

Archived