Starting islands really random on resources in and around

mksu

I've had incredibly good starting islands, with huge amounts of food and everything one could wish for. I've also had islands very resource poor.

I also find the islands around the starting island way too random. I've had games where I found so many resources very fast and also games where I would sail around for 1 hour to only find 1 piece of gold.

I just think there should be a bit of consistency with these things. Either make it consistently harder or consistently easier. There is almost no skill involved in finding resources or finding a good place to set up base, it's pure luck.

2 hours ago, mksu said:

There is almost no skill involved in finding resources or finding a good place to set up base, it's pure luck.

Take the same map and give it to two different players. The one with better skill can set up a better base in shorter time.

16 minutes ago, Mday said:

Take the same map and give it to two different players. The one with better skill can set up a better base in shorter time.

I don't think that was his/her point. I think it is that with world generation currently, a less experienced player could set up a much better base just by getting a better world gen.

24 minutes ago, CammoAmmo said:

I think it is that with world generation currently, a less experienced player could set up a much better base just by getting a better world gen.

I see.

It has always been this way thou.

9 minutes ago, Mday said:

I see.

It has always been this way thou.

Yes, I agree and see your point, but I think that in some ways it is much easier to have everything right next to you when you spawn or have everything farther away from you. In the regular world, we had biomes to control that, but now it is just all very very random, possibly too random for some people.

Archived