Shredded Backpack

Guest Red

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked before, as my google-fu has failed me.

Sometimes my backpack will turn into this mangled, shredded mess, and I have no idea why. Is there any specific reason for this happening? Not really all that important, but it does bothers me a bit.

YZUuPFl.png

• Developer
46 minutes ago, Guest Red said:

Sometimes my backpack will turn into this mangled, shredded mess, and I have no idea why. Is there any specific reason for this happening? Not really all that important, but it does bothers me a bit.

EDIT: Forgive me for the confusion! I'm really sorry for thinking you've been banned : P

Klei apparently used it for "rare" backpack skins not to be overused in servers. If you leave it long enough on the ground, it will eventually rot like that. My tip? Just carry your backpack with you wherever you go. Want to give it to someone? Warn them not to leave it on the ground for long. Just got a better backpack overall? Well then... I guess it'll just rot on the ground, then :/

3 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

The account that made this thread appears to have been banned, but I'll reply anyway :p

Actually, the account isn't banned.  They just signed in using a Guest account, which can be seen when you click sign-in.  They have the option for you to sign in as a guest now.  Not sure if this was there before, and I apologize if I'm incorrect.

• Developer
7 minutes ago, MerelyMelly said:

Actually, the account isn't banned.  They just signed in using a Guest account, which can be seen when you click sign-in.  They have the option for you to sign in as a guest now.  Not sure if this was there before, and I apologize if I'm incorrect.

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads-up, man!

Yeah, the rotten pack happens when you leave skinned backpacks on the ground for too long, presumably to prevent there being an overload of skinned backpacks on any given server. It used to happen super fast, but the time to rot has been extended significantly as far as I can tell.

Ah, okay, thank you! And yeah, I was feeling a little too lazy to sign in for a question. I'm assuming there's no way to turn this off? It's a nice little way to differentiate whose pack is whose, but it gets annoying when that happens. x,x

I also only ever take off my backpack to equip armor for a koalefent hunt or a hound attack (and right before I start fighting), but it still happens sometimes, so I'm guessing "rot" time doesn't reset if you pick it up? 

51 minutes ago, StrawberryDelite said:

I'm guessing "rot" time doesn't reset if you pick it up? 

I always thought that it did reset if you picked it back up and re-dropped it, but I can't really confirm.  Would be nice if someone could confirm whether or not this is true. c:

Archived