Small textures?

What's with the small textures option in settings? If you turn it on the whole game goes blurry. What's the point to that? I mean, shouldn't enabling small textures would make the game more detail? Or am I doing something wrong? This thing has bugged me like for forever. Now what? :I

post-297964-0-53719700-1452377913_thumb.

I believe it helps with performance for slower computers. They way I'd understand it (and really, I shouldn't even be answering this), is that it reduces the size of textures (i.e. less detail) and then blows them up to fit on the objects they are supposed to. Thus, it creates a low-res, blurry screen

Hmm... maybe... turning on SMALL textures makes it all blurry because it makes the textures smaller? As in like, lower res?
I believe it helps with performance for slower computers. They way I'd understand it (and really, I shouldn't even be answering this), is that it reduces the size of textures (i.e. less detail) and then blows them up to fit on the objects they are supposed to. Thus, it creates a low-res, blurry screen

Oh! Guess then I misunderstood something. I thought small textures works by adding smaller textures to the game in addition, making it more detail. Me and my fcked way of thinking >.<

Thank you guys, for answering me. Now I can become ghost in peace. 

Archived