Hey everyone!
In "Happy Holiday Update & Post" Mr. BigFoot told us about future plans, out of Early Access and etc. As well he said following:

Now that we’re finally at content parity with the base game (minus Adventure Mode, which we don’t feel works as-is in DST; but don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about Maxwell)

I suppose you have already guessed what exactly I want to ask. What about Old Bell & Big Foot?
I remember that it was not added to the game because of its destructive power. But maybe now there is solution for it? Rework mechanics or make Old Bell usage optional (turn on/turn off before generating world). Or perhaps it was removed forever from DST?
Maybe I missed smth...

Thank you!

I doubt it's going to be permanently singleplayer-exclusive. It's immensely abusable for griefing as-is, though, so they'd probably have to do something like make it incapable of friendly fire unless the server has PvP turned on. (Well, friendly fire on other players. It wouldn't be the Old Bell we know and love if you couldn't stomp yourself.) I dunno if it'd really need reworking for PvP though, because even though it does approximately a frazillion damage, you get tons of warning that it's coming and unless you're stunlocked by frogs or something you should have a reasonable chance to get out of the way.

I like the idea of being able to turn it off entirely in world generation. That way cautious hosts of public servers could decide not to take the risk after it's added without having to disable it with a mod.

Old bell can easily be integrated into DST, it just has been disabled because of its blueprint which can only be once mined out of the glom statue, which means only ONE player will be able to construct it in the game, maybe they might make something different required inorder to make it similar to mandrakes for pan flute.

I hope they don´t put the old bell,the down side of the bell is supposed to be that is capable to destroy your base if you dont use it properly :/,apart from that,putting it maybe in world generation to disable/able,sounds good.(sorry for the bad english)

Problem with the Old Bell, as mentioned above, is its massive griefing potential. Simply ring the bell in any camp, and you've managed to destroy it in a second or two. It's also easy for griefers to craft, only having to wait for the first full moon if they join early, or if you had a glommer at your base, kill him, ignore the krampi that spawn, and make themselves a bell. (This is assuming that there would be a way to craft it outside of a blueprint.)

Besides this whole tool of mass griefing thing, if added, they would either have to make it turned on/off in world settings, or make it like that Bigfoot avoids being near structures, but even then, griefers could still uproot farms.

As it is now, the Old Bell, unless changed quite a bit, is more trouble than it's worth for everyone.

Problem with the Old Bell, as mentioned above, is its massive griefing potential. Simply ring the bell in any camp, and you've managed to destroy it in a second or two. It's also easy for griefers to craft, only having to wait for the first full moon if they join early, or if you had a glommer at your base, kill him, ignore the krampi that spawn, and make themselves a bell. (This is assuming that there would be a way to craft it outside of a blueprint.)

Besides this whole tool of mass griefing thing, if added, they would either have to make it turned on/off in world settings, or make it like that Bigfoot avoids being near structures, but even then, griefers could still uproot farms.

As it is now, the Old Bell, unless changed quite a bit, is more trouble than it's worth for everyone.

I'm not really enjoying hack trees with my axe (or with friendly pigs). I would be prefer do it with Big Foot on my "friends only" server. :(

With "turn on" option I can use it and farm 4-5 chests of woods for wooden walls and cobblestones.

I'm not really enjoying hack trees with my axe (or with friendly pigs). I would be prefer do it with Big Foot on my "friends only" server. :(

With "turn on" option I can use it and farm 4-5 chests of woods for wooden walls and cobblestones.

If you really want to have the old bell try this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=556027744 i dont use mods,so i dont know if this is glithchy or crashes the game but its something

Look, you can revert days in DST and thus even if you make old bell go smashey on your base, you can easily rollback days and prevent that from happening, either way Old bell is similar to Bearger, just that the trigger is in your hands.

And why do we need it soo bad anyways?, we can smash a lot of trees but you can still do it easily with friendly pigs and of course take woodie instead.

Old bell can easily be integrated into DST, it just has been disabled because of its blueprint which can only be once mined out of the glom statue, which means only ONE player will be able to construct it in the game, maybe they might make something different required inorder to make it similar to mandrakes for pan flute.

Maybe they could make it so that you can mine the statue again for the blueprint every full moon? I admit, it slipped my mind that the blueprint was single-use.

Archived