Mysterious Mod question

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you prefer to buff Shalem's Enhanced Optics?

• bypass any armor for PWR, I got plenty of PWR
    • Disable heart monitors and +1 AP, heart monitors just plain suck!
    • I kind of don't like any option
    • +1 AP and on any ranged attack that lands +6 MP (movement points)
    • +1 AP and on any ranged attack actions are refreshed (if you you don't use an action so you can melee for example even though you just shot a gun)

I have an interesting question for you guys and depending on your feedback I may or may not create a mod (as well as I may or may not be working on a mod right now) 

would you rather have an augment that gives you +1 armor piercing and disables heart monitors for 1 PWR (additionally heart monitors 2.0 for 3 PWR ) 

OR an augment that allows you to by pass any armor paying a certain amount of PWR say beginning at 1 PWR and adding +2 PWR per extra armor pierced (so that bypassing 1 armor would cost you 1 PWR but by passing 3 armor would cost you 5 PWR)

Just to clarify, because both ideas seem very OP if you could install such an augment on every agent, it would be an agent unique augment. So what would you prefer? Please post your suggestions bellow your feedback is important to me and my possible mod which may or may not be about to enter the coding phase.... maybe.

Make something not OP pls.

I hate heart monitors but with armor piercing it sounds like a buffed Shalem, so casts shadow on Shalem.

About second never have a power, know nothing, more interested in heart monitors.

What if I told you it is about buffing Shalem? Would that change your perspective? 

My suggestion:

Additional +2 ArPen vs tagged targets.

Alternative fire mode for his Desert Wind - Tag target, but set Desert Wind on 2 turn cooldown (can't use both regular and tag modes).

That is a really good suggestion, but if you take a look at Klei's augments for the agents they try to keep the concept simple.

I thought of coding it so that you could tag a guard multiple times with a scaling PWR cost every time but with the ArPen stacking with each "tag" but then the problem of how to actually code it arised.

I thought of coding it as some sort of tag-Aces combo in a single ability, but then the armor of the guard would be reduced for everyone (any agent could take adventage from this) that means that Shalem would only have to observe a guard a couple of times and other agent could shoot it for him.

I want this ability to be more exclusive to Shalem. Besides the armor reduction on the guards could also affect melee (since it worked as a -1 armor for the guard and not a +1 ArPen for a particular agent) and I wanted it to be ranged guns only. So I just thrashed the idea, too complex to explain to the players, problematic to code and in the end it didn't gave Shalem the love I was trying to get him.

I'd say it would be much cooler for everybody if you leave Shalem be as he nicely exist now, with love that he have, and make a new agent instead. If you not into making art, why not to collaborate with someone: there's a person who saying he want to make art http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/61227-example-api-mod-same-as-in-the-steam-workshop/?p=702345 and there's people on steam forum, who makes artworks but doesn't knows how to code and could respond.

Rebalance of existing game/agents/items is a bit of never as interesting and enjoyable stuff for anyone as even very small expansion of base game, IMO. There's no reason to fix something that's not broken. And most of the people won't use fix for something that's not broken. I mean that's not bad but it not really needed while by creating something new instead you can add much more joy to everyone.

Armorpiercing on tagged guards should be possible. Try something similar to this:

simquery.calculateShotSuccess = function( sim, sourceUnit, targetUnit, equipped ) if not equipped then  return nil end   local shot = {  damage = equipped:getTraits().baseDamage or 1,  ko = equipped:getTraits().canSleep,  noTargetAlert = equipped:getTraits().noTargetAlert }     if equipped:getTraits().canTag then     shot.canTag = true    else     local armor = 0     for i,childUnit in ipairs(targetUnit:getChildren()) do      if childUnit:getTraits().armor and childUnit:getTraits().armor > armor then       armor = childUnit:getTraits().armor      end     end     if targetUnit:getArmor() then      armor = armor + targetUnit:getArmor()     end     armor = math.max( 0, armor - sourceUnit:countArmorPiercingUpgrades("addArmorPiercingRanged") )     --This is where magic happens     if sourceUnit:countaugments( "augment_shalem" ) and targetUnit:getTraits().tagged then          armor = math.max( 0, armor - 2)     end      if shot.ko then      shot.damage = targetUnit:processKOresist( shot.damage )     end     shot.armorBlocked = false     local armorPiercing = equipped:getTraits().armorPiercing or 0     if armor > armorPiercing then      shot.armorBlocked = true     end    end return shotend

Archived