Boomerang Broken? Or is it intentional change?

Mday

Oh my, I wasn't the only one with this problem? How good to know, what I did was restore a backup of don't starve. The boomerang just kept going through me and I couldn't figure it out. Maybe it's something klei had changed but its fixed now. Anyone know?

I'm gonna try reporting it via the bugtracker and upload a youtube video aswell.

Does this match your bug? 

Yes, same issue.

No its not fixed.

When it return it fly in straight line towards you. If you move away, it will keep going in straight line and you won't be able to catch it. 

I figured I'd go ahead and clarify, I am not a dev however I am attempting to look into the issue, I am just a player, and a semi-capable modder, if I find a fix I will be sure to post it and let you know, as well as the devs, I am attempting to find the file now that is the problem.

I figured I'd go ahead and clarify, I am not a dev however I am attempting to look into the issue, I am just a player, and a semi-capable modder, if I find a fix I will be sure to post it and let you know, as well as the devs, I am attempting to find the file now that is the problem.

God knows what they have been doing with their game:C Adding new bugs instead of fixing old ones?

Chances are this is intended. May be the boomerang in DST is just way to hard to catch and hits the player(me) every time, to a point they have decided to remove the return damage?

In any case, thank you for your effort.

God knows what they have been doing with their game:C Adding new bugs instead of fixing old ones?

Chances are this is intended. May be the boomerang in DST is just way to hard to catch and hits the player(me) every time, to a point they have decided to remove the return damage?

In any case, thank you for your effort.

Alright I've narrowed it down to the file entityscript.lua, I'm going to comb through that now and look to see what they have changed and see what broke it. That moment when the consumer has to fix the game.

So I guarantee you right now this is a bug, I guarantee it. I found where the issue is, and I'm not sure why they messed this part up if this code edit was intentional or not, but I'm going to attempt to look into this specific segment right here:

This is the working one: 

function EntityScript:StopUpdatingComponent(cmp)       if self.updatecomponents then           self.updatecomponents[cmp] = nil                local num = 0        for k,v in pairs(self.updatecomponents) do            num = num + 1            break        end                if num == 0 then            StopUpdatingEnts[self.GUID] = self            self.updatecomponents = nil            num_updating_ents = num_updating_ents - 1        end    endend

This is the one in there most recent update: 

function EntityScript:StopUpdatingComponent(cmp)    if self.updatecomponents then           StopUpdatingComponents[cmp] = self    endend

• Developer

Hi @bigpak

Good find!

That code change was intentional though, the old code can lead to an occasional crash but it indeed seems to have caused the side-effect of the boomerang not homing in, a fix will likely go in as soon as I return from my Christmas break as I would need to give it some testing.

No problem man, I aim to please and honestly I suck at coding I just figured I'd take it as a challenge to see what was causing it and see if I could fix it and I did for a temporary fix, any idea what's causing those sound bugs of RoG items?

Archived