How to run a dedi server on the caves beta

Hi @CassieCroft,

if you interesting i have make two guide for windows server and linux

linux: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59563-guide-how-to-setup-server-dedicated-cave-on-linux/

windows server: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/60748-guide-how-to-setup-dedicated-server-cave-on-windows-server/

but you just need to change this, when you install or update your server:

app_update 343050 validate

like this:

app_update 343050 -beta cavesbeta validate

otherwise everything else is identical to the operation of the dedicated server

coming soon also guide for Mac OSX and for install and configure mods on dedicated server, but i need so much time for making test and making good guide also

Thanks for your reply @ToNiO55 but my server is a bit different. I should have specified. It's a rented server from Clanhost and to switch it on I have to go online to their management system. I have control over game settings etc - but not all that much. I dont know if itll be possible or not. Thanks anyway though

Hi guys. After few tests of server. My caves are gone, and there is no darkness at the edges of map. There is water like in vanilla version. How can i update or rollback it to caves again? Where i must enter string with app_update 343050 validate? I'm runnin deddicated server via steam (pre_configured), not steamcmd.

Thanks.

@CassieCroft,

you need to have 2 servers for overworld and cave

unfortunately you have to do with your server host for create a second server

you can tell your server host it's really possible to make server cave with my guides

if you need help later, don't hesitate

i don't really understand your problem, can you explain more please?

you want removed cave? or you still want cave but he doesn't works?

I guess rather than asking the question here you should ask to the company that you pay. I was a this kind of game server customer. From their system what I know is you cannot change it to caves beta or regular branch. Only company can do it for you. Cuz they got update script backup script etc but you cannot see the content of those scripts they are just buttons. So you should open up a ticket and request your server to be switched into caves beta branch.

Archived