Questions about animating

-I made a fully animated mob, but I didn't realize where the shadow would be. But now that I do, I would have to reposition every frame by adding "-42" to the y (the y should be at -206 but is at -164). Does anyone know a quick and easy way of doing this? Spriter is quite buggy, so if there's no easy way of doing it, I'd rather reanimate the whole thing.

-This same mob has another issue : open and close animations. My chester-like mob has been animated in the same way chester was, so I made sure that the last frame was the equivalent of chester's last frame, etc. When opening and closing, you have to delete one image and put in another (the top part of chester for instance, with the top part of opened chester). The animation is smooth in Spriter, but in-game I can see the "deleted image" lagging for a second. This only happens a split second, but it's noticeable and annoying.

I can attach the exported file if needed.

post-372519-0-10419300-1450455527_thumb.

post-372519-0-20092100-1450455540_thumb.

post-372519-0-24696600-1450455553_thumb.

-Can I ktool the wilson anim file and use the Spriter animation for a mob (with the walking and attack animation)? I'd delete any kind of emotion gesture though.

-How can I modify the crafting animation for all items of a specific custom tab? Please go easy on me for this one, I feel some dumbing down will be require x).

Hope I'm not being annoying with all of these questions. Feel free to ignore this post if I am :grin:

Edited by Thibooms

1) Spriter pro has a feature which allow you to copy a complete animation and modify some properties in the process, like rescaling or rotating.

2) This is strange because I never saw that happening. The best would be to attach the spriter project folder completly.

3) No need to do that. You just need in your mob.lua, inside the constructor function, to do

inst.AnimState:SetBank("wilson")

This way your mob will have access to all the player animations.

4) Is more complicated. You need to add a new state to SGwilson, and link this state the the crafting action but under certain conditions only. I believe I already explain how to change the destination state of an already existing action so I send you back to this explanation.