Playing SW for the First Time

@hilariouslijah, Rain gear, lightning rods, and chests to hold your items. It might not sound essential, but it is.

Lightning rod (or two) for sure!  I forgot on my last run through, and it all caught fire with the lightning strikes.  All of it.  I jumped into the fire myself at that point. hehe

And I'm a few days away from the first harsh season (Hurricanes) what are the essential items and structures? Don't give me any tips on what to actually do, just the most essential survival stuff :livid:

Hurricane season is not a harsh season in Shipwrecked. You only need little preparations for it. I would say it compares with a slightly more challenging spring from RoG.

The harsh seasons are the flood season and the volcano season. The flood season can be brutal if you don't know how to deal with it as it is with the winter in RoG.

However the volcano season used to be simply devastating so the word "harsh" was a little bit misplaced there. This has changed yesterday so I can't rate it in it's current state but it will still be the hardest season in Shipwrecked.

I highly recommend having the Palm Leaf Hut from the survival tab, a Chimnea (Trust me, you either have one of these or you're miserable for the whole season) from the Fire tab, and a lightning rod from the Science tab. These are your most important things as far as I'm concerned. If you want to do sailing I highly suggest having an armored boat and/or boat repair kits if you can afford any of those things as well. The waters get very rough. Snakeskin rain hat is also a cheap and nice item to have.

Archived