Using the beard component as a hat

I took the beard component, renamed it to "beardhat" and put it in my mods' component folder. I changed everything accordingly, the thing works great, the beard grows.

I did this so I could change the insulation (which I don't want), but I also thought I could change the position. I'm kind of lost now, I followed this tutorial which means I have a spriter file that can't change the position of the beard. I'd like to put it on my head (it's supposed to become a growing paper hat).

Does anyone know how to change the position? If it's possible to do it simply by putting some code in the component, that'd be great :)

Thanks

The point is that the beard is a symbol in the animations bank which is overriden according to its length (no beard, small, medium, long) and the position of this symbol is fixed by Klei. So it means that if you want the beard to grow on the hair position, you need to make the png of your different beard states point upward and adjust the position of the pivot accordingly. You cannot just take the beard sprites and move them in your character build in spriter.

A build is actually just like a "dictionnary" of sprites which are used for your character. That's why the naming is so important. But the position of the sprites relatives to each other in the build do not influence at all their position in game. They are put so it looks like a character so it's easier to read, but you could just put your different sprites composing the body next to each other, it would give the same result in-game. What matters is the position of the pivot. Do not try to rotate sprites in your spriter project when making a build, it won't change anything. If you want to rotate something, you have to rotate the png directly.

Hope that was your question

Hope that was your question

No not really, I feel bad that you made such a big explanation now ^^'

But you did help me, I thought the spriter file I had couldn't affect the beard (because I didn't see all the different beards when you use emotions for instance), but it did xD. Don't know why it didn't work at first, but your reply made me realize I might be able to use the pivot point ^^'

So thanks :V