AUCTION: Elegant Rabbit Rucksack

How do you determine what is a higher bid than the previous? What equivalencies do you assign to the item rarities?

Also, here's an easy template:

Common: (##) (Names)

Classy: (##) (Names)

Spiffy: (##) (Names)

Distinguished: (##) (Names)

Elegant: (##) (Names)

Steam Name: (Well, if you're planning to trade your items, you obviously know what goes here)

How do you determine what is a higher bid than the previous? What equivalencies do you assign to the item rarities?

Also, here's an easy template:

Common: (##) (Names)

Classy: (##) (Names)

Spiffy: (##) (Names)

Distinguished: (##) (Names)

Elegant: (##) (Names)

Steam Name: (Well, if you're planning to trade your items, you obviously know what goes here)

Thanks for asking that question! I've updated the post to show the price and everything.

Also thanks for the template as well. :grin:

How long does this auction?

I mean, it wouldn't be pleasant for the highest bidder, if any, to wait for another week to see whether there is any other bidder.

• Please do not criticize me for asking for a higher price and so on. 

Please allow freedom of speech. It would be much less fun without everyone criticizing.

How long does this auction?

I mean, it wouldn't be pleasant for the highest bidder, if any, to wait for another week to see whether there is any other bidder.

Please allow freedom of speech. It would be much less fun without everyone criticizing.

This auction lasts 'til no one can give a higher bid, or 'til I am satisfied with the top bid.

Also, If I'm satisfied with the last bid I'd just accept that, so there is no long wait for the highest bidder.

I don't want any arguing or mean comments on this post, so I'd like for there to not be any criticizing of any ways.

This auction lasts 'til no one can give a higher bid, or 'til I am satisfied with the top bid.

Also, If I'm satisfied with the last bid I'd just accept that, so there is no long wait for the highest bidder.

I don't want any arguing or mean comments on this post, so I'd like for there to not be any criticizing of any ways.

By no one can give a higher bid, you mean like if someone offer you 100 spiffy, in which case there's probably no one other with 100 spiffy, then you will accept it? 

Well, in a regular bid, there is no 'satisfaction price', only a higher bidder until the hammer knocks three times.

And I assume you are not going to show the satisfaction price here either.

So, basically, you are missing one of the key components in a bidder, i.e. the stopping point. Leave alone a higher bidder, whoever offers a bid is at a situation of promising what he would grant for the backpack but no grant in return even if there is no higher bidder. Therefore, it is questionable to put a bid at some point because a bidder is only risking to pay a higher price than the real value but not enjoying the chance of obtaining the item when there is no higher bidder.

So, it looks like you can only win rather than lose in this auction, i.e. you can still decline the highest bid or pending the highest bidder for long enough until no one even cares about this. Am I correct?

By no one can give a higher bid, you mean like if someone offer you 100 spiffy, in which case there's probably no one other with 100 spiffy, then you will accept it? 

Well, in a regular bid, there is no 'satisfaction price', only a higher bidder until the hammer knocks three times.

And I assume you are not going to show the satisfaction price here either.

So, basically, you are missing one of the key components in a bidder, i.e. the stopping point. Leave alone a higher bidder, whoever offers a bid is at a situation of promising what he would grant for the backpack but no grant in return even if there is no higher bidder. Therefore, it is questionable to put a bid at some point because a bidder is only risking to pay a higher price than the real value but not enjoying the chance of obtaining the item when there is no higher bidder.

So, it looks like you can only win rather than lose in this auction, i.e. you can still decline the highest bid or pending the highest bidder for long enough until no one even cares about this. Am I correct?

Reply:

(1) I've provided the value of every item type to beat any bid, I've also set restrictions of items I'd accept which is that I would only like to have 2 of every item in my inventory which keeps me having no duplicates and gives others a chance to bid items for the backpack.

(2) I'm basing my bidding system off of Ebay's seller auctions where there is a "Buy it Now" price where you can buy the item immediately. This will allow the auction to not go on forever, also this is not going on real time where people are on a live chat so I'd like to give people time to bid for the bag. 

(3) The only satisfaction price is if I reach the capacity that I've restricted myself to. (Which is 2 of every item.)

(4) The stopping point is when the limit I've set has been met, or if the items that the person is offering has a higher value than any other bidder. (Values can be seen in the post.) So in this case, people won't be needing to give like 100 items just to be the higher bidder, they just need to have items that have more value saving them their items. Also there is no value to this back pack. From what I've heard it's just a price where the seller feels like it's reasonable. 

(5) I've spent actual real life currency to acquire this bag, so I'm actually losing here as I'm asking for more items that have no real life value. But again, the highest bidder is someone who has met my limit of items or has gotten the highest value so I'll not be disappointed with the highest bid. I'm giving people more time to respond to counter the bid so another higher bidder may be chosen.

I hope you understand what I've been trying to say.

Archived