Tiny update tonight caused my dedicated server to stop working....help?

I had a dedicated server running last night when there was apparently a tiny (less than 1kb) update. After the update process, which I had mistakenly not turned off the dedicated server to do so, my dedicated server would not run at all.

When I clicked "Run Pre-configured servers", like always, the steam CMD box came up but it never actually did anything. As in, not a single character appeared, and nothing was happening.

When I closed it, it didn't close properly and it believes I am still starting the dedicated server (or in some cases, in the game itself for some reason) and it will not let me close or delete all the programs to reinstall it.

After restarting my computer (note: not steam) I am having the same issue, and even after reinstalling the server and removing all the original files (from both steamapps/common and the document folders) I am still having the exact same issue.

I have tried to open the .bat, as well as "dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer" as an administrator but this has not helped.

I am also not running any mods on my dedicated server at this time.

Anybody got a similar problem, or any idea how to fix it?

I posted about the same problem, got no answer. I think it has something to do with the "dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer application" talking to the "launch_preconfigured_servers" batch file. For some reason after updating it causes these processes to hang and I have no idea why.

I attached a picture of process explorer showing the frozen processes.

post-729604-0-50393800-1449721555_thumb.

• Developer

@Ayymandan@jordenkotor

Could you try the following the next time this happens?

1) Restart your computer.

2) Right click on the dedicated server tool in steam, click "Properties", click "Local Files", and click "Verify Integrity of Tool Cache"

3) Start the preconfigured servers as normal.

4) If you get stuck on the blank screen again, post the contents of your Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt file

Archived