About the Old Skins...

So I am pretty excited that news skins (of course) have been out for a while for DST caves beta, and I already have begun amassing a collection. However, I do remember when the skins concept was simply limited to character specific skins (i.e. Soldier Wolfgang or Burnt Willow), and this makes me wonder if those will ever be released. I really do hope so, but so far I have not been able to locate much information on the forums (besides the occasional what all the skins were gonna be thread). It really wouldn't make sense that Klei would release all this concept art and not use anything from it, right? I really don't know for sure but I do hope we receive more information sooner.

What are your thoughts on this subject? And if you have any information about their release please inform me, it is much appreciated.

By the way, all concept skins can be found here (scroll down to gallery)

Word on the "full" skins has been rather quiet, I agree, but I'm almost certain Klei is working on them. For one thing, Neutral_Steve accidentally found some of the new character portraits in the game's files a few months ago and ended up leaking the pictures on the forums. Klei all but confirmed it was an unintentional leak when they removed the portraits from their folder in the next update and granted Steve the title of "Leaky". As of now, I'm guessing the skin pieces are for testing the waters on distribution and giving people something to do while Klei works on other fun stuff, like Shipwrecked and Through the Ages. (Maybe the full skins will come with TtA? Seems fitting, if you ask me.)

TL;DR, Full skins are still a thing, just in hushed development.

Oh, and here's Neutral_Steve's thread, if you're interested. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/58444-the-skins-are-actually-in-the-game-no-the-clothes/

Edit: Parentheses broke the link. Whoops.

Word on the "full" skins has been rather quiet, I agree, but I'm almost certain Klei is working on them. For one thing, Neutral_Steve accidentally found some of the new character portraits in the game's files a few months ago and ended up leaking the pictures on the forums. Klei all but confirmed it was an unintentional leak when they removed the portraits from their folder in the next update and granted Steve the title of "Leaky". As of now, I'm guessing the skin pieces are for testing the waters on distribution and giving people something to do while Klei works on other fun stuff, like Shipwrecked and Through the Ages. (Maybe the full skins will come with TtA? Seems fitting, if you ask me.)

TL;DR, Full skins are still a thing, just in hushed development.

Oh, and here's Neutral_Steve's thread, if you're interested. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/58444-the-skins-are-actually-in-the-game-no-the-clothes/

Edit: Parentheses broke the link. Whoops.

Thank you for the information! Ironically, I am pretty good friends with Neutral_Steve and he has never mentioned this XD.

I sure hope the complete skins will support our current skin drops, that would be really cool!

I can now confirm that old skins are in the game, as of the latest update! They are red quality items, and appear to drop very very rarely. (Apologies for not getting a screencap, but someone found a drop for the WX with a mustache.)

Yes! Yes! Thank you! I am waiting patiently for the Wendy skins! This is great news. [And, also, special thanks to Natural_Steven]

As you can probably tell, my hype is all about Wendy. 

Archived