Bloating whales - how long?

The title.

One time I killed a whale and it seemed to me it takes inordinately long to bloat. So last time I noted the day I killed one - day 40. It's day 57 now and it's still not bloated. It this isn't bug but a feature it's a bit ridiculous. A whale shouldn't take more than a couple of days to bloat, 4 or 5 max. Around 20 is just absurd.

And honestly I'd much prefer whales to be much tougher to kill AND harvestable immediately. Sometimes I kill them too far from any civilized land and it's particularly annoying to travel every few days through vast empty oceans to check on the carcass.

You have to be neighbored with the carcass due to game's algorithm. Those entities only interact when the player is near. Hence you have to check or at least in vicinity(you can hear the sound effect of its bloating when you're close enough) of it, not every but about 2 days at a time.

The title.

One time I killed a whale and it seemed to me it takes inordinately long to bloat. So last time I noted the day I killed one - day 40. It's day 57 now and it's still not bloated. It this isn't bug but a feature it's a bit ridiculous. A whale shouldn't take more than a couple of days to bloat, 4 or 5 max. Around 20 is just absurd.

And honestly I'd much prefer whales to be much tougher to kill AND harvestable immediately. Sometimes I kill them too far from any civilized land and it's particularly annoying to travel every few days through vast empty oceans to check on the carcass.

Archived