Hound Fish Problems

I have some issues with this mob.

For starters, the name is awful and the design is really boring. I wouldn´t mind if they were random fish you encountered in the sea, but making them the equivalent of hounds doesn´t really work in the cosmetic sense.

But more importantly, they don´t really work. Whenever these creatures start laughing and chasing you, you can just jump to land and that´s it. There´s no real rewards for killing them (yes, I know you can make a hat out of them, but chances all you are going to get is Monster Meat)

So here are some suggestions:

- Make them faster: Right now, you can easily loose them on your boats.

- Make it that they destroy abandoned boats: This way, you can´t just run off to land and jump off your boat without it being wrecked to pieces. This way, you need to fight. 

- Replace them with something else, here is an idea: Merms (someone suggested something similar here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59901-suggestion-deep-ones/). Hounds and Hound fish have the same problem. Hounds you can just escape by jumping to sea and Hound Fish you can just escape by jumping to land. So I would suggest replacing them with a new mob, that follows you both on land and water and Merms would be perfect. 

Plus, I have an issue hounds, just because...Why would there be hounds on a tropical island? 

I have some issues with this mob.

For starters, the name is awful and the design is really boring. I wouldn´t mind if they were random fish you encountered in the sea, but making them the equivalent of hounds doesn´t really work in the cosmetic sense.

But more importantly, they don´t really work. Whenever these creatures start laughing and chasing you, you can just jump to land and that´s it. There´s no real rewards for killing them (yes, I know you can make a hat out of them, but chances all you are going to get is Monster Meat)

So here are some suggestions:

- Make them faster: Right now, you can easily loose them on your boats.

- Make it that they destroy abandoned boats: This way, you can´t just run off to land and jump off your boat without it being wrecked to pieces. This way, you need to fight. 

- Replace them with something else, here is an idea: Merms (someone suggested something similar here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59901-suggestion-deep-ones/). Hounds and Hound fish have the same problem. Hounds you can just escape by jumping to sea and Hound Fish you can just escape by jumping to land. So I would suggest replacing them with a new mob, that follows you both on land and water and Merms would be perfect. 

Plus, I have an issue hounds, just because...Why would there be hounds on a tropical island? 

I want to see some yellow or blue Merms. These guys would be the ones that come to attack periodically.

We have the Merms, Fishermerms, andd.... well I can't think of another name for the third type. I thought of Conmerm, but that's just silly and stupid. But I had an idea about a new Merm that would rip apart any boat they see, and if you come to kill them to keep them away from your boat, they try to kill you, possibly giving you the choice of fighting them 3 at a time dangerously, or have the other ones pick on your boat and possibly trash it.

It would add another bit of "Do I do this or do I do that" stress to the game.

Of course, most of these ideas are wishful thinking... X_X

Archived