[Shipwrecked] Poison Mechanic

Poison is a fun mechanic, but i think is too overwhelming since Venom Glands are so rare, but since I like they're rare, I propose a new poison mechanic.

• It functions how the current one does, but instead it hurts only 1 health per tick and it adds +1 damage per hit (by poisoned mobs or structures). 
  • Example: poisonous snake hits you once you lose 1 health per poison tick, it hits you again you lose 2 health per tick and so on.

So, let me know what you guys think! 

Poison is a fun mechanic, but i think is too overwhelming since Venom Glands are so rare, but since I like they're rare, I propose a new poison mechanic.

• It functions how the current one does, but instead it hurts only 1 health per tick and it adds +1 damage per hit (by poisoned mobs or structures). 
  • Example: poisonous snake hits you once you lose 1 health per poison tick, it hits you again you lose 2 health per tick and so on.

So, let me know what you guys think! 

what about something like the poison starts off at 1 per 3 ticks, then over time slowly gains speed until its maxed at 4 per tick after a good while. So it will slowly gain speed over time making it seem slowly more urgent. Then have it follow a similar idea where it also would add a second "timer" of poison so if 2 bites occurred it would be 2 separate 3 tick per damage. sorry if this is a bit confusing.

I think whatever happens, it needs to be slowed. Its too easy to be accidentally poisoned and the antidote is too hard to make, especially early game, unless you are very lucky.

Its a bit of a game spoiler for me tbh

but i think is too overwhelming since Venom Glands are so rare

Lol.

Venom glands are like hounds teeth : Scarce in the beginning, but you'll end up with a **** ton of them. Kill stinkrays, or venture in the swamp, or just wreck mosquitoes during monsoon.

It's easy enough to avoid too. In spring wear seashell armor. Poison really is fine.

No its not fun its ***** annoying!

How about poison glands actually drop from venomous snakes once in a while?

Wilson killed a dozen today looking for a gland and failed, died of venom induced "shenanigans" ? and that was due to a timing error in the engine after one of the hiccups the engine has every so often which of course lost my move order but got the venomous snake's bite move.

Fighting the software wasn't on the contract...

PS I am enjoying the game, it gets a bit overwhelming though and early game (I have yet to try anything later in Shipwrecked) poisoning is a death sentence afaics.

Archived