Tips and Tricks for Shipwrecked

So some things that others may find useful/interesting

1. The Poison geysers in the "swamp" biome can be dug with a shovel for 100% drop of 1 venom gland

2. Swordfish deep water and are auto aggressive

3. The "brain of thought" Head slot item gives you access to all recipes while wearing it

4. Dead whales can be hacked with a machete about 4(?) days after they are killed.

5. The Chester-bird will eat food items. Be careful!

6. You can find canned tuna in chests it is an infinite "food" item that can be opened for a grilled fish.

Anyone else have any good things that they have discovered?

Interesting. For once I thought the brain of thought is useless. I haven't encounter any swordfish.

I found mainly BAD things instead. 

1. Stupid Mudskippers that replace tentacles, that I still found no decent way of dealing with

2. Spiders are rather scarce...... can find, but not easy.

3. Setting up farms are a pain in the arse. No beefalos, so have to provoke annoying monkeys to collect manual.(Actually, food doesn't seem to be a big problem, plenty of food sources to keep me alive)

4. Can't find gears. Damn. (on the other hand, there's plenty of food)

5. Can't craft wickerbottom's tentacle books :(

Shipwrecked DLC is crazy. But fun.

But you DO have a kind of beefalos, is called "Ox" I think and they live in water but in a shallow place, with any boat you can collect manure from there and also there are some trees that gives you wood and twigs. Plus, you can collect flowers and feed pigs, or make a werepig and get all the flowers converted in manure in seconds.

Oh and also in one party I found a kind of boat-clockworks, but couldn't kill them because was 3 too close and the shoot you with canyons or something similar, you need a large range weapon to kill them I guess, but I mean: the gears exists in SW

- Seashell Armor makes you immune to poison attacks from spiders, mosquitos and snakes.

- Magma piles have a small chance to drop gems.

- Full moons MIGHT cause more poison snakes to spawn (I'm not entirely sure but it was a full moon and every single snake I saw that night was a poison snake, and there was around 10 of them)

- According to WX-78's examination quote trawl net's are more effective during bad weather.

That's all I've got for now.

So some things that others may find useful/interesting

1. The Poison geysers in the "swamp" biome can be dug with a shovel for 100% drop of 1 venom gland

2. Swordfish deep water and are auto aggressive

3. The "brain of thought" Head slot item gives you access to all recipes while wearing it

4. Dead whales can be hacked with a machete about 4(?) days after they are killed.

5. The Chester-bird will eat food items. Be careful!

6. You can find canned tuna in chests it is an infinite "food" item that can be opened for a grilled fish.

Anyone else have any good things that they have discovered?

1. I've had several geysers not give any drop.

4. Based on the varying reports that have popped up on the forums and some streams, the days you must wait to harvest a whale is random.

6. It is not infinite, it just doesn't spoil until opened, and since it can't be stacked until opened it isn't very useful.

Interesting. For once I thought the brain of thought is useless. I haven't encounter any swordfish.

1. Stupid Mudskippers that replace tentacles, that I still found no decent way of dealing with

3. Setting up farms are a pain in the arse. No beefalos, so have to provoke annoying monkeys to collect manual.(Actually, food doesn't seem to be a big problem, plenty of food sources to keep me alive)

1. Fight at cost of some health loss with armor or bait them into fighting with Merms.

2. ...Yeah

3. Feed werepigs with petals and berries.

4. Only near the "Wood Thing" (Teleportato Base)

5. Not tried yet.

If you run near the mudskippers in a curved route their first jump attack will usually miss if done properly. From that point you can kill with any character in a couple of hits without taking damage.

Also, I did find gears in a treasure chest once (4), but I am going to guess that is pretty rare. I have also heard you can find them in sand piles at a rare chance.

You can't use a torch on your boat unless you arent moving at all .

If you move it goes out and you have to re equip it to make it light again.

BUT if you have a sail up, you can use a torch while moving in your boat.

You can't for some reason use your telescope while on a boat . only from land.

However , if you are on a raft, not a boat, you CAN use your telescope while at sea.

( havent tried with the cargo boat but it looks raft like )

Also, at night / evening the telescope sees half as far.

DOES Anyone know what the peg leg does :( ?

1. Set up your base next to the Marsh biome, where you can have a steady supply of FREE fish and green mushrooms for winter/spring  :-)

2. Stock up with mosquito sacks in spring. Those sacks have unlimited durability and each heals you for 20HP.

3. Pick up flowers as early as you can, either let them rot or feed them to werepigs to get poop

4. Setting up a bamboo farm should be of utmost priority: you'll need lots of bamboo to get your sandbags against the floods in spring

by K3 :grin:

Another tip that might prove interesting:

If you want to save cost of making 2 torches especially in the hurricane season at night, hold your torch light with hands while sailing.

- once torch is almost depleted to zero, quickly craft your torch to become a boat torch and activate it before charlie gets you. Durability of boat torch becomes 100%. 

NOTE: Since the recent update, this boat torch trick is harder to manipulate as the boat torch requires more resources to craft (x2 boards, 1 torch required) 

Archived