Suggestion: Diving and an Underwater Layer.

Whenever I see deep water I always start to wonder what is down there in the deep, what could be living down there, what treasures are waiting to be discovered? Maybe in the future Klei could add a new layer to the water gameplay by adding an underwater layer to the world that you can reach through a diving bell from your boat.

You would of course need a good old fashioned diving suit and helmet with metal shoes to keep you on the seafloor, and you would be tied to your boat.

And just imagine how many new underwater animals and monsters that could be added if this becomes reality. :wilson_lightbulb:

Anyone else interested in seeing this added to the game? :wilson_laugh:

As I said in the steam announcement about Shipwrecked being out, this is such a good idea.

And maybe even a character that can dive without any equipment(Some character that could visually look like a Merm).

Oh, hey again. Thanks for your support and liking my idea. :wilson_dorky:

In terms of how this could work I picture the seperate layer as being somewhat like the caves, except it would mirror the layout of the ocean above. You would need a spacious boat which can house the diving equipment, air generator, crane for lifting the diving bell etc. When you find an interesting place to lower the diving bell you enter it and lower yourself down onto the seafloor bellow, once there you would be able to walk around and do pretty much everything you can do on land, except starting fires for obvious reasons, but you would be tied to the diving bell and the boat by an air umbilical. The range of this umbilical could possibly be increased through crafting recipes or extension stations you can place down underwater, or one could always move the boat.

Archived