[CRASH] Corrupted save file

6aZtJ9Z.jpg

- my save file is corrupted :(

- every time i load my save the game gives me this, i hit exit and game crash

- i tried before and after that 8.8mb update

- EDIT: this happened before that update

- i am around day 45 and i was on tiny island with slot machine (used it few times already) but with some stuff on ground, wind, rain, close to end of map it start to lag a little so i "save&exit" and try to load again. That was first time i get this crash

- i still have LOT of dubloons for that machine :razz:

- is this unfixable? Or can i do something about it to fix it? Change something in save file? Or is that run gone and i need to start new one? Im asking because i had only 1 free slot for new game and now i don't wanna delete this save since my base/stuff is really good to test more endgame

PS: yes i had to take photo of screen because i didn't want to deal with more win stuff - I'm already playing with windows thinking that i am holding CTRL all the time (i google this crap and looks like this is serious win problem lol) so go figure how is my playing experience ... try to hold CTRL and play for 5 min :grin:

log.txt

Any chance you could send us the save file? It might help us figure out precisely what's causing this for you.

Of course i can send it to you to PM. I didnt delete that save so i should have it BUT where is it stored? I went trough Klei folder in documents and also in Steam folder but there is no save. Let me know please and i send it to you.

Also is it possible that this can be fixed? Or (after i send it to you) can i delete that save?

Thanks for answer!

It should be located in \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save. You will have to send us the saveindex and shipwrecked file you see in there.

Yeah i thought so but there is nothing in there? O.o

This is screenshot from Mac but it is the same on Windows ... there is only one empty folder 

post-308099-0-89265500-1449688654_thumb.

Whoa!! But you do see that save file when you load up the game? It's possible it has something to do cloud saves... Do you have cloud saves enabled on Steam?

u can disable it in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini

DISABLECLOUD = false

change "true"

u will lost current map reveal

Yes of course i have cloud save on. So now i can't access my save files? O.o

I don't want to lose my map reveal ... i have full save slots with some crazy worlds :/

EDIT: maybe i have those files in /Users/MacBookAir/Library/Application Support/Steam but is "219740" number for Don't Starve game in Steam? Also how should those files look like? Anyway just confirm that number and i can send you everything in that folder to PM

Archived