Poison Spear can posion you.

So if a hound gets poisoned from a venomous snake, and then bites you, you become poisoned as well, it kind of makes sense, but it's still inconvenient.
But When I tested out my poison spear on a Wildboar, he punched me in the face and I got poisoned from it.
I don't think this was intentional, and if it is, it takes Pretty much all use out of using the Poison spear in combat.

Even more so than obsidian weapons.  As it was I never used fire darts or staves and that was just due to risks of resource depletion.  A weapon that enables every enemy attacked with it to deliver a slow, painful guaranteed death with limited, expensive options for fixing?  Utterly useless.

Besides, it's just unrealistic.  That pig didn't sprout venom fangs and glands, after all; that spear wasn't vampiric.  Though I suppose I'll accept enemies becoming venomous if struck with a poisoned bat bat.  Are there batilisks in Shipwrecked?  There should be.  Never mind the caves, in the tropics they just live in the trees.  Maybe there could be non-aggressive fruit batilisks with a vegetarian diet.

Speaking of realism (an essential ingredient in a game with magic staves and talking pigs) venom is quite expensive.  Typically venomous animals only have enough for a few bites and they need to slink away and hide when it runs out.  There's reasons they have bright, attention-grabbing colours: avoiding combat is safer, cheaper and more reliable than fighting and they don't always have enough venom to back up their threats, so they prefer to rely on bluff and intimidation.  So if venomous animals ran out of poison after one or two successful attacks, the smart strategy would be to trick them into fighting something else (pigs, yaks or monkeys, mostly) and then step in to finish them off when they're out of venom.  More interesting than kiting or just avoiding them completely.

So if a hound gets poisoned from a venomous snake, and then bites you, you become poisoned as well, it kind of makes sense, but it's still inconvenient.

But When I tested out my poison spear on a Wildboar, he punched me in the face and I got poisoned from it.

I don't think this was intentional, and if it is, it takes Pretty much all use out of using the Poison spear in combat.

Yea this happened to me yesterday. Something should change here . 

Making a single hound into a poisonous killing machine that you cant engage 

without getting poisoned seems a little stupid.

Archived