Poison Gland

There's also a Poison Frog, but I don't know how to encounter it without spawning one directly (probably isn't active yet). An implementation error prevents it from actually dropping Venom Glands, but it's clear that it's supposed to have a 50% chance to drop alongside the 100% chance for Frog Legs. (Devs: to fix this, line 128 in frog.lua is currently calling LootDropper:AddRandomLoot when it ought to be calling AddChanceLoot.)

*quitting forever*

I've been poisoned maybe a half dozen times and only died to it once, but it was completely due to lack of knowledge about it. I didn't know that if you hit something with a poison spear that it can now poison you back. I also didn't know that not only does it never wear off, but it actually starts getting worse, so I ignored it for a couple days. RIP.

I think poison is maybe just a tiny bit unfair early on, but definitely not worth changing or nerfing much. It's kinda fun screaming "OMFGABIGALHELPME" and running like a chump every time a poison snake drops out of a tree anyway.

A way to cure it a little more reliably than hoping for a drop from enemies or maybe a way to sleep it off or something would be kinda cool, but probably not necessary.

the easy way to get venom is digging poisonois hole at swamp. but you can kill stingray too and yelllow snake, just make sure dont get hit hahaha. and always bring extra antivenom with your journey since you dont know when will you got hit :grin:

This all day everyday. RoG had a similar mechanic. Think of summer. It's fast approaching and you don't have an ice flingomatic. Are you going to let your base burn down? Pray for a gear in a tumbleweed? Find a chess biome and get a for sure drop? I vote for 3 everytime. I think Klei is moving us a little bit away from our comfort zone and getting us to think of new ways to survive. However, just like in Base/RoG you need to find certain resources before plopping a base or you'll run into problems. Same here. Find a marsh biome which is where the poision geysers spawn. Find some spiders. Find some Boars/monkeys if desperate for manure to transplant berries and grass. Also try to find a mangrove biome they are awesome to live by. Get sticks and wood from a single tree that regrows all on it's own and it has grass growing there two with some Water Beefaloo (no one seems to know actual name) I think RoG has equally punishing mechanics, but we all got used to them. Think of the first time you learned lightning would burn down your newly built base and burn up all your important non renewable resources. It would be possible to survive, but if you didn't plan for it it would take a hail marry and lots of travel to pull it off.

Archived