[Mod] Agent Mist

Shirsh

post-448854-0-53549100-1448915064.png

Agent Mist, dweller of Plastech Psi labs in her past. Mist.zip

Skill: Anarchy
Starting items: ability augment,  neural disrupter, hologram projector.
Mind Shade ability allow her to disable senses of chosen guard in direct vision, at 7 tiles range, for a turn.
Cost: attack and 2PWR.

+ couple of weapon reskins: repainted Hand Cannon (copied look from intro and pics) and Decker's revolver inspired by Blade Runner (not in a great shape though) (both can be turned off wia campaign options)

No wireframes again, can add them later if needed. (I guess so, because of dlc's kanims, it's not replaced by wireframe-less kanims for me).

agent 1024px pic ~70% consist of default in-game pictures, collage again:

Spoiler

post-448854-0-48883300-1448915314_thumb.

portrait very heavily based on old Incognita avatar

animated portrait tinkering "bonus" .gif:

Spoiler

post-448854-0-15527700-1448915161.gif

Mist.zip

Found minor issue. When you Mind Shade guards, red/yellow marking on the floor are still there until you switch view mode. Also hud warnings about hidden/noticed/watched tiles still pop up, despite this being false. You might want to add a "sim:refreshUnitLOS( unit )" line somewhere in your ability code to refresh line of sight calculations.

EDIT:

Apply these changes to mindShade.lua and issue will go away.

onTrigger = function( self, sim, evType, evData )		DEFAULT_ABILITY.onTrigger( self, sim, evType, evData )		local player = sim:getCurrentPlayer()		if player:isPC() then			for _, unit in pairs(sim:getAllUnits()) do                    		if unit:getTraits().mindShaded then                        		unit:getTraits().hasSight = true					unit:getTraits().hasHearing = true                        		unit:getTraits().mindShaded = false					unit:getTraits().LOSperipheralRange = self.PerLOSRange					unit:getTraits().LOSrange = self.LOSRange					sim:refreshUnitLOS( unit )					sim:dispatchEvent( simdefs.EV_UNIT_REFRESH, { unit = unit } )				end			end		end			end,
	executeAbility = function( self, sim, unit, userUnit, target )		local mainframe = include( "sim/mainframe" )		local player = unit:getPlayerOwner (self)		local target = sim:getUnit(target)					local x0,y0 = userUnit:getLocation()		local x1,y1 = target:getLocation()  		local newFacing = simquery.getDirectionFromDelta(x1-x0,y1-y0) 		userUnit:setInvisible(false)		userUnit:setDisguise(false)		target:setAiming(false)		target:getTraits().mindShaded = true	 	target:getTraits().hasSight = false		target:getTraits().hasHearing = false		self.PerLOSRange = target:getTraits().LOSperipheralRange		self.LOSRange = target:getTraits().LOSrange		target:getTraits().LOSperipheralRange = 0.5		target:getTraits().LOSrange = 0.5		sim:refreshUnitLOS( target )		userUnit:useAP( sim )		local cpu = 2		player:addCPUs( -cpu )			local x0, y0 = unit:getLocation()		sim:dispatchEvent( simdefs.EV_UNIT_FLY_TXT, {txt=util.sformat(STRINGS.UI.FLY_TXT.MINUS_PWR, cpu), x=x0,y=y0,  color={r=216/255,g=37/255,b=19/255,a=1},} )		sim:dispatchEvent( simdefs.EV_UNIT_FLY_TXT, {txt=util.sformat(STRINGS.Mist.UI.MIND_SHADE), x=x1,y=y1,  color={r=182/255,g=163/255,b=245/255,a=1},} )	end,

Apply these changes to mindShade.lua and issue will go away.

Thanks a lot, I didn't get how to make it myself.

Updated.

+ added campaign option to try retextured Hand Cannon (copied look from intro and pics)

not on Steam yet, Gabe's server looks EMP'd.

upd: now on Steam too

This does look absolutely fantastic, and I'll definitely be snagging this character for my next run.

What tools did you use to make the portrait?

It was very stupid way: sprites edited in photoshop, save, build kwad, load game, do screenshot, all cycle again and again. At ~1/3 (when it was eyes time) I started to change numbers in xmls too, to see what do what, surprised that "w" and "h" was not about sprite size but about sprite coordinates. Also appears that any size of sprite can be used. All the time eyes were "frozen" at opened sprite, blinks were added last.

Gif is made from those screenshots.

I guess it could be more intelligent to try an animation software, on the other hand I seen every change in action.

And I was looking at old Incognita version all the time (clothes were painted over and almost all parts was copied directly from there):

post-448854-0-21110900-1448995481.pngpost-448854-0-92326300-1448995567.png

Same was with sprites of agent animation.

For 1024px picture I google "spy pose", one photo of Anna Chapman starts to be a draft. Almost all agent screen images in extracted gui are 1024x1024 but archived Sharp and archived Prism have huge (not resized) files (~3000px) that works great to make image (and learn a way how it was created a bit) that will be looks perfectly sharp when will be resized to standart 1024 with "bicubic sharp" option of photoshop's "Save for Web". Pedler's pic, for example, was in 1024 since start and it never ends to be either "photoshop blurred" either with pixelization >_<.

Photoshop's "multipy" (or was it "color"?) layer's emmm... thing was VERY useful: to get "proper" colours (ie that will fit to other game's assets) I was using sprites like archive Shalem's chest over the jacket, Siren's hips with multiply (or color) effect on the shorts (90%, to not be pure greyscale) etc. To make skin to be similiar to Siren's skin, saturation changed to -43 from default colours of Banks or Internationale skin, tried white hair and shiny eyes too - it wasn't looked good, so I decide that she use hair dye to mix with people easier, and eyes hmmm, that she is not so 100% modified and whatever story anyone can imagine in head.

Mind shade ability based on Tony's "Manual hack.lua". I didn't like to play with him much, but that file is very interesting as base/example, many different stuff can be done with it. Target detection based on one from Bryant's ability from Jason's API example. How to add tooltips I learned from Wodzu_93 "Programs Extended".

Small update: animation for archive Decker will be overwritten now, his hat stops to be invisible at certain poses without overlay/wireframe, same separated alt_deck.kwad included to Dr.Pedler and can be used in any character mod without wireframes if needed.

+ added repainted Decker's revolver (to Blade Runner style), not a perfectly finished though. I was thinking about mod that changes graphics for different guns, but probably don't have enthusiasm for more than those two. It's quite difficult to repaint but don't gives result equally fun.

Guns in separated guns.kwad to be used in another mods if anyone will have interest.

Archived