Rookie needing help with Derek's teleporter...

I suppose it should be plain and simple to see how it works; but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get Derek to teleport to the transport beacon. Can someone please give me a step-by-step?

Tx

Yes, it's a bit confusing because if you drop instead of throw, it will not work. This has the added side-effect of not being able to throw it when it's on cooldown...which was not intuitive to me at first and got me stuck when I was trying to toss it across a room to another character to take somewhere to teleport to later (which is a strategy I use often with Derek). Keep in mind you can throw the teleport beacon to another agent across the room in a pinch if you need to (technically you're just throwing it onto the same square as a character, not TO them). You can also repeatedly toss it in front of you to effectively carry an extra item. Drop something, pick up the beacon, throw it to wherever you are planning on moving next, pick up the other dropped item, move, repeat. Tedious but works in a pinch if you find an exit card and don't have anything you're willing to drop.

I rarely keep the beacon on Derek. I usually send him off alone to the vault or power supply and have the rest of my team take the beacon and recon the exit and then use the beacon to bring Derek back to the team with the loot.

Archived