Does Peddler talk to other agents?

I just was curious to know if the Dr. Peddler mod also include conversations with other agents. I do know that it comes with his own one liners, but I have never seen him talking to other agents, although I just downloaded the mod.

Any ways I started brainstorming on what funny conversations could occur if Peddler did talked to other agents. In case he does not talk to other agents in the current mod I decided to post some of the conversations I made up while thinking about this:

Peddler/Decker  

P = Dr. Peddler, D = Decker

P- Just like the good old days

D- Are you calling me old, tin can?

P- I see you have not lost your charm

D- And I see you haven't lost your rust!

Peddler/Xu

X = Tony Xu

P- I once met your friend Alex, (this is sharp's real name) You know?

X- Please don't remind me of that brute

P- Yeah, he said the same.

X- Can you tell me what is the log of 2074 (the year in which the events of invisible inc are happening)

P- rounding up to six decimal places 3.316808

X- What about one divided by zero?

P- That is not funny (it is said that machines crash when trying to solve the undefined operation of 1/0) 

Peddler/Nika

N = Nika

P- Do you prefer to hit them a lot or to hit them strong? (referring to how Nika's augment allows her to ko guards more than once per turn and how Peddler is a heavy hitter)

N- I prefer to keep them dead

P- But remember we must stay stealthy

N- It's more important to stay alive 

Peddler/Sharp

S = Sharp

S- How does it feel to be a robot?

P- Not that good, I miss the days when I was human

S- How come?

P- Well, I miss drinking tea, (he is supposed to be British) but electrons don't taste that bad.

Mist's one liners

*when rescued*  "Get me out of here, Get me out of here!" (unlike most agents which seem very sure and easy going about being captured, mist seems desperate to get out)

*at the beginning of a level*

"watch out they can smell your fear" ( she can assure this from her own past experience)

"Get out of my head! c'mon I can do this." (Mist's paranoia exposing right here)

"stay together and we may make it out of here alive" (This seems like a big cliche and some other agents already says this or something similar, but I will have to check it)

"They are more scared of us than you think, I can feel it" (Mist seems to also smell fear!)

"I sense many scared cowards in one place" (same as above but this one seems to lack feeling)

*last words* 

"I will never return to that chamber!"

"Kill me if you dare!"

"C'mon do it!"

"I regret nothing!"

Mist/Internationale

I = internationale 

M = Mist

I - "what do you think that goes through these guys' minds?"

M - "Nothing pretty, I've been there"

I - "You've been there?"

(yes, every time she mind shades a guard) 

M - "I would prefer to avoid discussing the details" 

(there are a couple of memories back at plastech that she would prefer forgotten) 

Mist/Decker

M - "Would you stop thinking about whiskey for a minute?!" 

(Decker is still struggling with alcohol and mist can read his mind)

D - "How the hell do you know?"

M - "Just focus, okay?"

D - "Creepy..."

Mist/Peddler

P = Peddler

(In order for this banter to occur both mods mist and peddler would have to be activated, but I think it should be possible to join both mods into a single one)

P - "hey lady, lets play a game, if you guess what number I am thinking, I will give you 50 credits"

(although this could easily be changed to "I will give you a coupon for a free medical examination" considering peddler is also a doctor or maybe a free surgery? well I wanted to keep it simple)

M - "I only read fleshed out minds, sorry"

(peddler is an android and although he does have a human mind, it is enclosed in an electronical, virtual environment that is too different from a normal human mind, thus Mist is unable to read peddler's mind) 

P - "One! I thought of one, I can only think of two numbers actually." (yes, 0 and 1, binary, get it? because he is a machine)

M - "Silly robot."

Mist/Shalem

S = shalem

S - "Don't worry miss, I will protect you"

(I know this line could take a lot of different meaning, and I like it, it could mean shalem likes bragging which does go with his personality or it could even imply shalem has feelings for mist, either way I like how ambiguous and clear it is at the same time)

M - "No thanks, I don't trust opportunists"

(sick burn!! and this is also a reference to central's bio of shalem. So far we know shalem is using invisible inc as a means for personal gain, but we do not know what personal gains, this could imply shalem could be a traitor or even a mole from the corps, which there may not be any proofs to really support this theory but it is fun to think about it nonetheless)

S - "Excuse me?" (he is offended)

M - "You can't trick (or maybe even "deceive) me so easily."

(since mist can read minds it wouldn't be crazy to think she knows what is shalem's real deal in invisble inc. More possible treachery foreshadowing!)

Mist/Monst3r

M = mist

M3 = monst3r

(I don't even know if monst3r even talks to other agents but lets give it a shot)

M - "Dont trust that guy."

(mist is reading monst3r's mind and she seems to have found something interesting. could she be talking about that certain contact with which monst3r used to make deals? you know the one that he betrayed by stealing the quantum power house thingy? Monst3r mentioned this contact seems to have lied about who he really was. If you have advanced through the contingency plan DLC you'll know about what I am talking about.)

M3 - "You talking to me?"

M - "Trust me, I've known corporate buffoons better than you."

(mist's past experiences)

M3 - "Please don't go meddling in my affairs (or businesses)"

(Monst3r did not appreciate mist looking into his thoughts)

Mist/Banks

B = Banks

B - "All this pressure is driving me insane" 

(let us remember banks suffers from brain damage, yes, look it up in her bio, and she uses stims, which it kinda is she is using a ton of drugs, and I mean medicine, and adrenaline to keep herself on the game, so on top of that is the stress of her dying any second if her brain fails and ON TOP OF THAT the stress of the infiltration and her being killed by the guards, so yeah. that would drive anyone insane)

M - "No, you may actually be the most sane of the group"

(I don't mean to make this sound like mist is making a compliment to banks, but more of a rather backed up declaration by mist that everyone else is a little bit crazy in comparison to banks and mist herself is rather out of her mind too on some occasions. So it seemed safe for mist to say that she is the most normal in feeling some fear.)

B - " Huh? what did you say?"

M - "Sorry, I was thinking out loud."

The problem with making your own banter is that you need to change every agent who you want your character to be able to talk to.
That's not as much problem as that there's a cross_scripts.lua file that need to be changed and it's not looks like modApi allow to do it. But if it would be possible, maybe it's possible to force existed characters use "images" of themself with needed lines, like Central and Monster have (and had before addition as agents).

That's not as much problem as that there's a cross_scripts.lua file that need to be changed and it's not looks like modApi allow to do it. But if it would be possible, maybe it's possible to force existed characters use "images" of themself with needed lines, like Central and Monster have (and had before addition as agents).

Uh, I have not tried it but shouldn't it be possible to do something like this?

local cross_scripts = include( "client/cross_scripts" )

local banter = util.extend( cross_scripts ) {

{

id = "someid",

agents = {AGENT1,AGENT2},

dialogue = {  -- agent IDs     

{AGENT1,                 yourbanter},                       

{AGENT2,            yourbanter},                                 

}

},

}

cross_scripts = banter

I tried, and inculde new cross_scripts files, but doesn't get how to load it through modinit.lua, I mean all things like abilitydefs or string or mission_scripts use its own functions like modApi:addStrings modApi:addAbilityDef etc to be used. As I understand it needed to add mod:Api function to modApi.lua, but it require "hard" overwriting. Or is it possible to do as workshop's mod?

Coding skill needed, I don't have one.

If I had one I'd probably tried to make "extended roster" instead though: it's possible to add buttons on map screen like added logs, so there could be one to have agent list to chose who will be in active party and who stays on base/jet. Changing of failure condition, to move to map screen if there's an agent in "second team", and conditions for potential rescuable agents in prisons, to save em all, and not skip detention centers at day 10. Theoretically I think it can be possible.

modApi functions are just templates, they're not necessary. You can easily make your mod entirely in modinit without the built in api.

If I get time I will look at cross_scripts specifically. There may be some wierd exception but I don't think so, I probably just wrote it wrong since I didn't even try to test it.

Hey @Caischcer, you good in wrtiting banter, maybe you can write some lines for Mist mod? For entering level and last words.

Those that I put in is lame =\

Yeah, of course! I may not be a very good modder, but I am glad to at least be helpful on this.

I will edit this topic to include banter for mist too, but could you feed me into what mist's personality is more deeply? I had some trouble installing the mod (I don't think is because of your code, it probably has something to do with how the mod loader works) so I haven't really read any of her one liners

Thus far with the banter I have thought of I picture her as a slightly traumatized agent, sort of like the old courrier you had to rescue back in the days of the steam early access (that mission was awesome, maybe it should return as a mod, the "INSOMIAC" and "A friendly chat" missions) I thought of sort of adapting the courrier's lines.

You know the "They can see your dreams!" or stuff like that in a way to say that although mist obtained her psionic powers she was also subject to a lot of cerebral probing by plastech, quite creepy but normal for such a corp as plastech.

So correct me if I am wrong, but is she able to read minds? Because a big deal of the chats and interactions with other agents work on the principle that she is able to do so to an extent. I also thought of implying that her mind reading powers work on two directions, on one side she can read minds, but on the other she developed some sort of paranoia or schizophrenia in which she sometimes feels she is being observed or mind controlled by plastech. It would be a nice way to put some interesting suspence to mist's lore.

You know the "They can see your dreams!" or stuff like that in a way to say that although mist obtained her psionic powers she was also subject to a lot of cerebral probing by plastech, quite creepy but normal for such a corp as plastech. So correct me if I am wrong, but is she able to read minds? Because a big deal of the chats and interactions with other agents work on the principle that she is able to do so to an extent. I also thought of implying that her mind reading powers work on two directions, on one side she can read minds, but on the other she developed some sort of paranoia or schizophrenia in which she sometimes feels she is being observed or mind controlled by plastech. It would be a nice way to put some interesting suspence to mist's lore.

Read minds? maybe a little bit on mood or "true or lie" level, but not too precize (maybe).

When I was making mod I had in mind story about girl who was raised in secret without outer world experience than that she was test subject too often, and she escaped more because of curiosity, but who knows. I was remembering Pizepi from Wasteland 2 a bit, but when animated portrait appeared to be more thraumatized and saddened it worked as snowball that affected other pics and possible backstory.

I think portrait gives her quite calm/quite mood, more like quite observer, with less emotions than you want to add in one-liners. But banther lines are really cool.

I think portrait gives her quite calm/quite mood, more like quite observer, with less emotions than you want to add in one-liners. But banther lines are really cool.

I think I supposed far too much by just looking at your character, I guess I got too excited writing, I should have waited to hear your opinion on your character. 

I'll see what I can do to make the lines fit better your description of a curious, quiet, traumatized, young lady.

I just read your banter for mist. I don't think it is that bad, it is even funny! Although it does not provide much backstory about her. I will try to think of something to fix that. 

Archived