Sinkhole leads to whole different world?

So I was playing in a vanilla server, no mods or anything. I went through a sinkhole and it led me to a whole different map, similar to the teleportato in singleplayer. I could go in and out of this world at my leisure. Other players were able to do so as well. I'm assuming this isn't supposed to happen? 

@Alcaspaz, Is the other side of the sink hole caves or just an entirely different Overworld? If it's an entirely different Overworld, then that probably means the server's owner/admin forgot to set up the DST_CAVE preset setting for the slave server's worldgenoverride.lua, or they actually intended to actually have two Overworlds linked.

This is normal, depending on what the server's admin/owner's real goal is. 

@Alcaspaz, Is the other side of the sink hole caves or just an entirely different Overworld? If it's an entirely different Overworld, then that probably means the server's owner/admin forgot to set up the DST_CAVE preset setting for the slave server's worldgenoverride.lua, or they actually intended to actually have two Overworlds linked.   This is normal, depending on what the server's admin/owner's real goal is. 

Now imagine a Dedicated Klei Server where they make this an Adventure Mode and anyone can come in and play Adventure Mode O__O

Archived