Late Endless DLC Issues

First post here so hi everyone!

I'm on around day 15 of the new and improved endless mode. I came across an issue on a Sankaku security dispatch run, all guards were drones making it impossible to obtain a keycard. Had to abort as I dont carry a lock decoder or have Banks in my squad. Not sure if a bug or stroke of genius by Sankaku opsec, either way I'll steer clear of those missions from now on.

Also I find a lot of the late game guards don't show up on the post mission score screen. Around day 10 I started noticing less guard portraits showing up in the alarm level/cleanup costs box, by day 15 the only things that show up tend to be camera drones and enforcers. Cleanup costs seem to be calculated properly though.

Would have posted in bug reports, but not allowed on a new account I think. I'm on a gog copy so don't have the steam only patches, though didn't see anything related to this when skimming the pinned hotfix thread.

Anyways thanks for the great dlc!

I've also noticed a weird balance of content. Not as extreme as all drones (though I haven't gotten to late endless with the expansion yet) but I do notice two things a lot now:

1) By day 5, nano-fabs are weighted too heavily towards level IV items. Personally I like a lot of the level III items more and would like to see the balance here adjusted.

2) There seems to be a heavy weight towards the expansion stuff. Which is fine, I want to see it, but I'd rather it was more evenly balanced. It was a full four games with the expansion before I saw even a single camera drone. It was pulse drones everywhere. The first item above may also be due to weighting of expansion content and not by item level, not sure.

Granted, with enough players and enough games there will definitely be outliers, but it definitely seemed to me like the number of level IV items in nanofabs went up gradually until it was pretty much just level IV items in every nanofab plus the typical med pack and charge pack.

You absolutely right about the nanofabs; level iii items are much rarer than iv items in the nanofabs. Infact, I only just managed to swap a level iv paralyzer I got around day 13/14 for a level iii yesterday (day 17). The reason for the swap I outlined in the mod overhaul thread, even though cost isn't an issue and guards drop charge packs more regularly I just don't have enough space to store enough charges for most level iv items. Admittedly I rely on a very gun heavy strategy in endless+. The new stim is cool though and the weapons are great.

Worse than the level iv items are the new 'set to 3' augments which similarly tend to dominate the nanofabs/grafters. Completely pointless on an endless run. Especially now stacking Piercing/Penetration scanners is so vital.

On balance I think the new guards are better than the old Omni invasion that used to take place around day 5. The corps retain their individual characters far better now. Just a shame the new units don't seem to have portraits. The original guards do disappear extremely quickly though. Sucks to be a standard security guard in 2074!

The Tier IV items are interesting, but they skew from the typical progression in the sense that they are generally only situationally better than Tier III items whereas Tier III and II items are almost always better than their predecessors. I'd love to see a rebalance of Tier III and IV item frequency in mid and late game to make them appear more evenly.

I also have to agree about the uselessness of the "set skill to 3" augmentations in Endless mode. Not sure if there is a good way to address this though without a custom "enable/disable" config screen for all items and augmentations (which would be AWESOME by the way).

EDIT: Just wanted to add that, overall, I love the new content! Just a few things that could use some tweaking I think.

Archived