Pre-Configured Server No Reign of Giants

Hey, I am very pleased with the new pre-configured server option klei has added to DST, my only problem with it is reign of Giants. Any way to make a pre-configured server running vanilla no ROG? The summers in ROG are just too harsh for my friends and I. :) thanks for the help.

If it's just the summer you're after, that particular season can always be disabled in world settings. I think you can set it to the old DSvanilla Summer/Winter duo (i.e. what's called Fall and Winter in RoG) as well.

Alright so after playing around with the settings for my server I need some help. I understand how to add custom settings to my server, but I have no idea how to apply them. According to the wiki link you sent me a server must have the worldgenoverride.lua inside the folder along with all the other information for the server before it is run for the first time in order for the override information to take affect. I do not know how to make this happen with the pre-configured server because the server is already set up and when I choose to run it from steam it just starts up without allowing me to change anything first. Any help? Thanks for being so quick to reply and for helping me out with this.

-also, is there any way to just tell the server to run the "No Giants Here" preset without having to individually tell it what all of the changes I have made are through the world override? That'd be helpful but I can live without it. Thanks.

• Developer

When you run the preconfigured server, it creates two new settings directories at My Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld and My Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves.

You can put your config files and change the settings.ini at that location.

To your second question, you can specify a preset instead of options; the preset for No Giants Here looks like this:

return {    override_enabled = true,    preset="SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC"}

Put that in a worldgenoverride.lua in your overworld folder and regenerate the server (open the console and type c_regenerateworld() )

Archived