Please create vote-kicking option for multiplayer.

These things NEED to be in any multiplayer version of Don't Starve.

+ Votekick option in multiplayer games, more specifically, a dedicated server.

+ Players should not be able to BREAK or BURN anything within a certain radius of any other player-built item.

+ Players should have the ability to lock their own chests.

Until these things are added, I am officially done playing on any public server. The lack of anti-griefing measures has ruined many hours of my life that I will never get back. I've a mind to give this game a bad review on steam because of it, to warn others not to waste time like I have.

Disappointment abounds...  :juggling:

No. Learn to play. All anti griefing should be ignored and contained and quarantined. Get over it. IRL right, if you build a house, and someone breaks in, and burns a sofa, for example, do you walk up like "Hey. This is my house." and then magically he's gone and your sofa is OK? No. Remove rollbacks and anti-griefing, it's pathetic.

No. Learn to play. All anti griefing should be ignored and contained and quarantined. Get over it. IRL right, if you build a house, and someone breaks in, and burns a sofa, for example, do you walk up like "Hey. This is my house." and then magically he's gone and your sofa is OK? No. Remove rollbacks and anti-griefing, it's pathetic.

No, in real life, you break into someone's house you get arrested. You burn a sofa, you get arrested AND cited for destruction of personal property. You likely go to jail. AND, doing these actions is what makes you pathetic.

You sir, are exactly the type of person who needs to be banned from all multiplayer games because it sounds like you're the type of person who would grief and just wants to get away with it.

Good day to you.

@apengstrom, first of all, welcome to the forums. With the things you mentioned, I would suggest that you can try and host your own dedicated server with the mods below to further reduce griefing encounters when you play DST again. Listed below are some options I think you should consider:

And that's all the help I can probably give you, in the future we players may get a more robust way to better the DST experience but for now I hope these would suffice. Good luck, cheers.

I also think anyone who has been kicked/banned should automatically drop their inventory.  But being unable to break anything within a certain radius of another structure...  What if you're trying to upgrade from a science machine to an alchemy engine or something similar?  What if you're getting rid of a bunch of spare science machines that other people made?

The only thing I would like to see is the simple concept that ghosts can't burn anything. The sanity loss is easily countered but you can't stop a child for being a child. Remove haunting from setting fire and your problem is done. Greifers no longer have a weapon against you and they'll get bored when you continue to survive days on days without losing sanity.

Hello @2Young2Starve, welcome to the forums. The haunting effects have been changed months ago.

Snippet: Removed most negative effects from haunting, such as destroying structures and lighting things on fire. This is to deal with immediate problems from ghost griefing and unintentional ghost accidents.

(source)

I hope that helps, cheers.

Archived