Shock Trap 3 too powerful in endless?

Recently made it to day 15 and every mission so far feels relatively easy due to the Shock Trap 3.

I feel like the Shock Trap 3 and its aoe effect is just so powerful against hordes of security guards/drones. It makes even alarm level 6 a cake walk as long as everybody is equipped with a Shock Trap 3. 

Perhaps reducing its aoe tile range to 3 to make it so that it can't just stun a whole room of guards.

Also this could also be due to the fact that the difficulty doesn't increase after day 10, perhaps an update to the difficulty levels could make endless a bit more fresh towards the late game?

Endless will be a litlle bit more fleshed out with the DLC, I think. I think the main problem with endless is, that the game is balanced around 72 hours gamemode.

This. Endless mode is meant to provide additional challenges and fun, but the primary balance is for the campaign mode. It's very unlikely you will get more than 1-2 Shock Trap IIIs during a campaign.

My understanding is that the expansion will increase the campaign length so there may be some balance changes to go along with that.

That aside, Shock Trap III really isn't out of line with other tier III items. I'd even argue that Camo III is better than ST III if anything. But in the end, many of those tier III items are extremely useful if used correctly.

Archived